bushnell banner - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

bushnell banner

I'd like to look into a scope with an illuminated reticle, but dont want to break the bank.

Anyone have any experience with the bushnell banner? Looks nice, but around 100.00 i'm wondering about durability.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 01:18 PM
Frequent Contributor

i bought a $100 bushnell banner from walmart for my one beater truck rifle. After 5 shots the one whole turret came off. Returned and ever since then I buy their lifetime warranted scopes or vortex scopes.

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 01:24 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Surprise. With scopes like anything else, you get what you pay for. The Banner will do fine if you just want it look look like there is a scope on your gun and aren't concerned with a dependable rifle capable of hitting anything !

If you only have a $100.00 budget I would consider cutting the bells and whistles and get a non illuminated scope.

Last edited by simoncool; 04-30-2018 at 01:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 06:58 PM

banner is the low end scope of Bushnell. good for a .22 rifle or something with light recoil. better to pay more and get a better scope that wont shake loose.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 07:17 PM

my dad has a Simmons Aetec scope ,I believe he paid around $200.00 dollars for it and likes it very much ,so follow Pa.Slims suggestion and pay a little more for something better and that will last you
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 07:56 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Nikon Buckmaster II 3 x 9 x 40 can be found for about $120 if you look around and they have a limited lifetime warranty. If I were looking for a scope in your price range I would seriously consider this scope, although you would be giving up the lighted reticle. Keep in mind on a lower end lighted reticle scope the first thing to go wrong is likely to be the lighted reticle.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

I've got good Leopold and Nikon scopes. I'd like something illuminated under 500. Any suggestions?

The banner was about the only one I saw under 1000
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 11:38 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

The reason being at present it is near impossible to produce a reliable illuminated scope in the price range you are looking for. The disparity in price between the Bushnell and the others should be a red flag there is a huge difference in quality. I can't help but think you would be throwing your money away on a low quality product that is bound to fail in a relatively short time.

If you must have an illuminated reticle your best answer might be to hold off a while , save your nicklels, and buy something you'll be satisfied with in the long run. I'm not aware of any such scope in your price range that I would recommend, but maybe there is somebody out there that is.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 07:40 AM

I had a Banner in my cabinet that someone gave me, so I put it on a 30/06 and never had a problem with it. 150 rounds through it so far.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 08:01 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahack View Post
I had a Banner in my cabinet that someone gave me, so I put it on a 30/06 and never had a problem with it. 150 rounds through it so far.
Was it an illuminated reticle ? That is the main reason I would discourage a Banner in this case. While a Banner is far from a top of the line scope, they are probably as good as any other scope in that price range. It is the illuminated reticle feature in such a low cost scope that really puts me off. Just no way this feature could be included in any scope at the $100.00 price point and still have any quality.

At one time, in the 70's, Bushnell Banner was very popular and considered a pretty decent scope. Today they are manufactured to a lower standard.
Asajoe1 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page