Kel tec p32 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Kel tec p32

Anyone got one. I'm looking for a BUG and have been reading up on this one. Fits the bill as far as size for a perfect pocket mouse gun. I can pick it up for right around $225 otd. Reviews seem surprisingly good for such a cheap gun. Anyone got some first hand experience to share with me?

16 years and counting. Welcome to the life of a Buffalo Bills fan!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 05:20 PM

Keltec pistols are garbage... I got one in 40 S/W that I would sell for 20 bucks. LOL
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 07:22 PM
The Man

Shot my wife's friend's P9 one day.

I can honestly say it was the WORST trigger I have ever seen on ANYTHING. My kids' Daisy BB guns have triggers 10X better. The Kel-Tec trigger was so bad, I had trouble hitting a paper plate at 7 yards !!! My wife's friend...............who CAN shoot a handgun very well.............couldn't hit the plate at ALL !!!

My best advice to you, if you're looking at a Kel-Tec pistol is "Run, Forrest !! RUN !!!!"
Pahack likes this.

demokraten saugen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 07:27 PM
Sage

Not only are kel tec pistols low grade crap, the .32 caliber is worse than .380 for stopping power. If you are buying a gun for protection why would anyone want to buy an anemic caliber and a brand X gun. I can carry a small rock that will fit in my pocket , but I wouldn't want to bet my life on it. There are decent calibers in small sizes that can had to carry for protection at reasonable prices, I don't understand why anyone would put a low price on their life or the life of a loved one or friend and buy a second or third best made handgun and or caliber to carry for protection. When I am not carrying my .40 S&W in a holster, I am carrying my .45 Colt Derringer in my pocket, both are worlds better than a Kel Tec .380 or .32 to get the job done. There are times when bigger is actually better, especially when your life or the life of another is at stake.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!

Last edited by Woods walker; 04-08-2018 at 07:30 PM.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 07:32 PM

My Dad has one that he bought used for far cheaper than that. I've shot it a few times and never had an issue. However, if it was me I'd probably get a Ruger LCP instead.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 07:44 PM

I had a 380 that constantly malfunction no matter what ammo I used. I had double feed, ammo won't eject, stove pipe. You name it I had it.

I sent it back to Kel-tec and they re-polished the rails along with other remedies that I don't recall.

When I got the gun back they had a letter indicating they shot 4 out 5 kinds of ammo that I tried.

I traded that gun in ASAP for the Ruger 380 LCP when they first came out.

MY ADVIS ALONG WITH OTHER LISTED ABOVE. DO NOT BUY THAT GUN

Life Member NRA
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 08:02 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I have a Kel-tek p11 9mm that I have no issues with...it's double action only so the trigger pull is long and hard, but I'm use to it.

Only fools fight in a burning house...Day of the dove
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 08:06 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

The problem with cheap guns is that once in a while one that actually functions well manages to escape the factory. The percentage of these odd balls are just enough to allow the manufacturer to stay in business. If for hunting or plinking reliability is no big deal. When it comes to a defense weapon I would want one of reputable quality (and sufficient caliber). It wouldn't be a .32 caliber nor anything Kel-Tech.
Pahack likes this.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 05:52 PM
Part of the Community

I have had one for about 8yrs. Goes in my pocket in a pocket holster and disappears. Have never had any feeding issues. At 15 ft I can hit you in either eye. At 50 ft I'll throw it at you and when you duck I will run. For its intended purpose I am very pleased with it. Most failure to feeds in my experienci.e are from not having a locked wrist when firing. If you limp wrist it, it ain't gonna work even if it's a 2000.00 semi.

Last edited by jeffppc; 04-09-2018 at 05:57 PM.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 06:16 PM
Sage

When I was still working the PGC bought Kel tecs for the full time undercover officers because they were very small and concealable. It didn't take long before they scrapped them because the officers had to actually shoot a lot of rounds through them because they had to qualify with any firearm they carried on duty in addition they had to go through various training exercises with the firearms. The guns just did not perform as a firearm the officers wanted to depend on to save their lives. They were junk and not dependable. Some folks may be content to carry a gun that may or may not go bang when they need it to, I am not one of those people. I guess if you carry a gun you do not shoot, hoping the fact that it is in your pocket you will be protected and are content to throw it when it fails, Kel Tecs are the gun for you. They are not the gun for me.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page