firearms for sale prices - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By chester farmer
  • 1 Post By Jericho

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

firearms for sale prices

when I see a firearm for sale I often google it to see its value or reviews of it. I am often puzzled at prices. Used firearms for sale at a higher price then you would currently pay for a new one. Not just here but on other sights as well. On another sight a guy is selling a Remington 597. price is $1 higher then new. I guess you get what you can. I just personally try to find a fair price and go with it. I couldnt try to get more then value. Dont blame others for trying though. old guns can vary. but a brand new gun bought 3 months ago???
Bull and willyp like this.

Didn't vote for the husband. Not voting for the wife. #Liars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 02:21 PM

I am with you on this ! I have not bought a used gun in 20 years. Mostly i don't trust people and you just don't know what or why they are selling one ?

WILLY P
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 03:02 PM

yeah, we all see this for recent models. Some times a new hot model will start out high since demand is high and supply low. Case in point would be Kel-Tec's PMR30 which for a while could not be had for anything under $499. Now, supply has caught up with demand and the prices have come down. Yet, yahoo's who bought when they were high don't understand they can't sell them now for what they paid a year ago.

Same has occurred recently with the AR15 platform. I have a franken-AR that has a PWA lower and a Colt M4 spec upper. I paid much dinero for it during the Clinton ban. Now, with every gun maker flooding the market with pretty good ARs, I would hard pressed to get my $$ back if I sold mine. Win some / lose some!

Now, when you start talking about collectibles, then all bets are off. For instance, there are many S&W revolvers for which older pre-lock prices will be higher than current production. Why? Because people (like me) simply like/value the older (aka, non MIM, no lock) guns better. I will not buy new production. And anything that has a cult following and is no longer in production may command astronomical prices. Case in point - Colt Pythons.

Then you also get folks who think their custom this or that is worth a fortune. That's like thinking that you'll get your money out of all the upgrades you do in a house. You may, but you may not.

Big LSWC's rule
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 07:55 PM

The prices for AR15s are all over the board right now, and of course the market is flooded with them. A lot of guys spent big money on them after the Sandy Hook tragedy and you still see guys trying to sell them for what they paid for them.
aubie515 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page