Bell & Carlson stock ? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Bell & Carlson stock ?

I am looking to upgrade my 700 SPS stock and am considering the Bell & Carlson Medalist. I have read mixed reviews and was wondering if anyone here has first hand experience good or bad. After missing 3 groundhogs, I discovered that the cheap factory stock dosnt hold the same POI when using a bipod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 12:59 AM

Re: Bell & Carlson stock ?

I walked away from a B/C Medalist. At first it looked functional for the price, but it seamed you needed to bed and mess with the stock... if the stock even fit the gun it was made for.

From the reviews I've read its a good stock for a gun that's going to shoot 3-5 shots a year and not a daily shooter.

You can have it when you rip it from my cold, dead hands.........
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 04:16 AM
Frequent Contributor

Go over to the Sniper's Hide forum and advertise for a used take off Remington stock. Those guys are restocking rifles all the time. Heck last week I bought a brand new HS Precision aluminum bedding block(with aluminum pillars) left handed 700 short action stock for $150. I see good stocks over there all the time. And some of the Remington takeoffs(like the one I bought) are really nice stocks. And are true drop in stocks. Take your time and advertise in the WTB section. Heck I got 3 offers in one week for a left handed stock over there. I bought two of them.

Those guys over there are really into the tacticool stuff. And they buy and sell and build all the time. Most of them are never satisfied with what they have and they trade and sell stuff they never even used. I am not saying that about the guy that I just bought my stock from over there. But he did send me a perfectly unused HS Precision stock for under 1/2 the price of a new one. Tom.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 12:21 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I'm completely satisfied with my Medalist, of equal quality to my HS Precisions for a better price. I have a short action HS Precision stock laying around if that's what you're looking for.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Adam, I am looking for a short action, standard barrel contour stock. What finish is on the one you have?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 10:38 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Well the one I have is for a remington varmint barrel contour. it's black with the white or grey looking webbing.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

After reading more reviews and debating between an HS and B&C, I ordered a tan with black web B&C.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

A quick update. I received my stock Thursday and fit very well with minor fitting. Fitting took 2 minutes or less of sanding a high spot. Sighted it in this morning and now the gun shoots well under 1 inch groups if I do my part from a rest. The POI does not change when shooting from a bipod now either. So far very impressed with the stock.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 11:03 AM
tdd
Super Moderator

The Medalist is a pretty decent stock. Even if you decide it needs to be bedded, it's simple enough to do.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page