HSM Bear Load Would it be good for deer? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By octagon

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Question HSM Bear Load Would it be good for deer?

https://www.hsmammunition.com/handgun/bear-load/

If this HSM Bear Load can kill a black bear it should also be good in the rifles that can shoot pistol ammo.

I carry the HSM Bear Load in my 357 Mag Dan Wesson and HSM Bear Load in my Bond using the 45 Long Colt... I have called in bear when I have hunted coyotes in June.. In the Bond it hurts your ears and the fire comes out of the barrel even in the daylight... I haves since gone to the 45 LC Cowboy for my Bond derringer..

I always think about things but that doesn't mean I would do it.. Just say you were sitting up against a tree in deer season and along came somewhat of an easy shot at a deer with the 357 DW.. Would this particular ammo be a good choice for the pistol deer hunter? Just say the deer was like 25 yards from you?

Anyone every use this HSM Bear Ammo in their Marlin lever action rifles that shoot the calibers in the HSM variety?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 07:12 PM

That should work fine. They are probably harder bullets and won`t do a lot of damage. I shoot deer thru the lungs with hard cast 45/70 loads and they go in and out at .45 caliber. The harder bullets do less damage. Also, they accel at breaking the shoulders if you aim there. I prefer a harder bullet myself, way less damage.
uncle buck and triggercreep like this.

Life Memeber NRA
Life Memeber NAHC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page