The Bond Arms Derringer pro and con - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Woods walker

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
The Man

The Bond Arms Derringer pro and con

Talk about your ears getting a blast when you fire the 45 Long Colt ammo in the Bond Derringer. I also don't like to use the 410 shot shells for dispatching critters when predator hunting...Now the buckshot, home defense, slugs in the Bond Derringer work real nice.. I have the 22 WMR change out barrel and they are a nice combo for the Bond Derringer...They truly are a hand canon. Oh along with the blast they do shoot fire out of the barrel when you use the 45 long colt ammo... I probably just need to play around with the different ammos.. I have shot the 45 Long Colt bear ammo out of it and that is a BLAST!!!!!!!! I still use the bear ammo in it since I keep it mainly for self defense when calling coyotes in the warmer bear country... Yes black bears love the rabbit in distress like every other predator... I have called in 2 so far!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 07:52 PM
Banned

IMO, a con is the price. For what they seem to cost, I could buy a decent semi-auto pistol and have an arm that has more than only a two round capacity.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 11:25 PM

They are very heavy.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 09:41 AM
Sage

I carry an "American derringer many times if I just want a gun I can slip in my pocket, it is also a .45 Colt/.410. It is well made and machined not cast and could handle hot ammo. However since this is a close range gun, a few feet, I carry .45 Colt cowboy ammo in it. The projectile has enough speed and weight to stop a man. You don't have to shoot the real hot stuff like I carry in my revolver.
uncle buck likes this.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
The Man

I will have to try the 45 Long Colt Cowboy ammo... That Cabelas Black Bear ammo does work out of the Bond but it hard on the ear drums that's for sure...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
The Man

I purchased some of the Win Cowboy 45 Long Colt.. looking forward to try it in the Bond! thanks for the info on it Woods Walker..
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 08:06 AM
Sage

Good luck, I think you will see a difference. The problem with short barrels is the noise is at the end of your fist.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page