Leverlution 35 Rem 200 grain ammo and the Model 336 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Leverlution 35 Rem 200 grain ammo and the Model 336

I purchased an old used Model 336 35 Rem. S/N shows it like the early 50's. However so nice how that gun shoots the new Leverlution 35 Rem ammo... This house hold has killed 4 deer with it. I got two and my son got two with it.. Just love that gun... Now I have heard that the Leverlution ammo doesn't work well in the older 30/30 Model 336.. Something to do with the rate of twist in the barrel be just right. However in the older Model 336 35 Rem is works so goooooooooooood! Accurate at 100 yards. From a bench at 100 yards it shoots less than 1 inch groups..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 03:46 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I had one that cut holes at50 yards, did not shoot at 100.

Life member NRA
Life member DAV
Life member VFW
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 04:30 PM
Frequent Contributor

Those gummy tips are accurate from what I've seen but me and a few buddies have had lack of blood with them, but dead deer none the less. I picked up a new Win94 Short in 25-35 that really likes the 110gr gummy tips.

16 years and counting. Welcome to the life of a Buffalo Bills fan!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 05:08 PM
Sage

My brother shoots a mod 336 in 30-30 that was purchased for him back in the late 60s or early 70s. He switched to the LeverEvolution quite a few years ago and they shoot well in his gun.
uncle buck likes this.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 05:44 PM
Banned

Bullet length /weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle buck View Post
I purchased an old used Model 336 35 Rem. S/N shows it like the early 50's. However so nice how that gun shoots the new Leverlution 35 Rem ammo... This house hold has killed 4 deer with it. I got two and my son got two with it.. Just love that gun... Now I have heard that the Leverlution ammo doesn't work well in the older 30/30 Model 336.. Something to do with the rate of twist in the barrel be just right. However in the older Model 336 35 Rem is works so goooooooooooood! Accurate at 100 yards. From a bench at 100 yards it shoots less than 1 inch groups..
Slower twist rate can effect the accuracy if a longer / heavier bullet is used. Twist rate is for stability and with longer/heavier bullet your gun twist rate is not fast enough to stabilize the bullet flight. Key holing is a true sign of this happening. Stay what works and always check POI when changing ammo.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 06:42 PM
The Man

I bought a 336 in .35 a couple years ago. Being my first lever rifle, I wasn't expecting much in the way of accuracy, but figured it would be great for a couple of very thick areas I like to hunt. VERY surprised when I shot some 200gr Leverevolutions and was keeping just about everything under 1 1/2" at 100yds.
willyp likes this.

If you're having trouble hunting for deer,
don't wish things were easier;
wish you were smarter.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
The Man

I like the 35 because it's just a Pennsylvania thing... Stories of the old timers... The Model 760's were always used hard... I also have a Model 14 Remington that I have never shot yet... Serial number is from 1935 era. Walk into a gun shop and always wanted a 760. But wow a model 14...Kind of wish owner didn't put on a Weaver scope.. However price was like $232,00.. One of these days I will have to take it and shoot it... However I think I might start with some Rem ammo first not the Leverlution... I do have all the components to reload Leverlution 35 Rem.. I could also load it down a bit...
However I think if I was going to purchase a Encore barrel in a 35 it would be the 35 Whelen...Figure you could load that up or down to shoot like a 35 Rem...However... I just wish all these years I used a lever more in the Pa woods. Truly enjoy hunting deer with that 35 Rem Model 336....
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 06:41 AM

Yes. No cartridge embodies the good old days of PA deer hunting to me better than the .35 Remington.
uncle buck likes this.

"A 30-30 is all you need. If you use a 30-06 you'll just hit a tree" -My Grandpa
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 10:09 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I wacked one with a 1949 Win 32 Spl and leverevoltions. It was a one shot stop with complete pass through and lots of damage. I dont think it made 30 yards. With irons I was holding 2 inches and a little at 125 yards bagged on a bench.

Every day you see it on the news. Another felons life needlessly spared by inaccurate fire.

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Let see ... the 4 deer killed with the Leverlution 35 ammo: in this family... 2 ran 30 yards and dropped.. Lung shots.. two dropped right there. You know what is good to..I purchased one of those Cabelas scopes that was made for the 35 Rem.. It's a BDC type too... Outstanding scope... I don't know if they still sale them in the 35 Rem.. However when I did buy it they had one for all the lever action calibers from 30/30 to 4570.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page