Savage 111 rings and bases - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Savage 111 rings and bases

I purchased a left handed Savage 111 Accutrigger .270. I just purchased a Redfield Revolution rife scope. The only thing left ( I have a sling ) are the rings and bases. Does anyone have any suggestions for good steel rings? The receiver is round ( in front of and behind the receiver ). Other Savage rifles have different receivers - for example some are flat on top. It is confusing on what to buy. I would prefer not to use extensions as well. Thanks for your help - I am itchin' to shoot it. Triple B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 01:42 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Savage 111 rings and bases

Best suggestion is a EGW picatinny rail. Sometimes the base mounting length for a long action to scope mounting length causes problems, both the lengths and eye relief. A rail solves those problems.

The receivers you mentioned are refereed to as the "flat back", the top of the bridge was machined flat, the ring round. They were made in the early to mid '90s time frame IIRC. It was dropped with the introduction of the At actions. All actions now and prior the the flat backs have the round bridge and receiver ring.

Take a look at EGW Savage mounts

Bill

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page