Gunbroker - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Marcus99
  • 1 Post By stoolshooter

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2017, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Gunbroker

i am currently trying to sell my glock 27 gen 4 in the for sale section. i was advised to try gunbroker by a local dealer. question is:

has anyone done this? did everything go smoothly ?

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2017, 05:38 PM

I think it's pretty straight forward, the only pain is the shipping to an FFL. Payments usually go through paypal I think so everything is legit there. I forget but I think handguns have to go from an ffl to an ffl or some FFl's won't accept shipments from non-ffl's....something like that. I'm pretty sure they have to go thru fedex or UPS too, post office won't take em. I'm sure gunbroker probably has instructions somewhere on their site. They do probably thousands of transactions a day so I would say that the system is sound. Good luck
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2017, 06:01 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

If you have never sold on gunbroker then you don't have a "reputation" built up from buyer feedback. So someone is going to have to mail you money and hope you send them a gun. (unless you want to ship them a gun and hope they send $) I don't have a paypal account so has not been an option for me. I do believe gun broker has some default protections, but.......
The other difficulty is unless you have an FFL you will need to take the gun to your local gun store (LGS) and they will have to ship it to the buyer's LGS (or any FFL holder), but the buyer will need to have their receiving FFL holder email\fax their info to your FFL holder before the gun can be shipped. This is pretty standard but each state does have it's own regulations (many sellers will not ship to CA or a few other states). Also is the firearm legal in the state where the buyer resides? These steps also add costs as generally FFL holders do not provide this service for free.

I have never sold on gunbroker because the requirements listed above were too much of a hassle for me, but one of my purchases has been through non-FFL holding seller so we had to go with this procedure. If you go this route I suggest totake good pics, list everything included, and be clear about a return policy.

You may want to try listing on pennswoods or armslist, looking for a PA resident to sell to. You can then meet at a LGS that is willing to do FFL transfers (usually for a 20$-50$ fee). Way easier and the buyer gets to see the gun before finally handing over the cash. Good luck.

Last edited by sdowns; 09-15-2017 at 06:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2017, 06:45 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I have bought through GB, but never sold. I usually part with what I am selling between HPA, PAFOA, Rennug (Penns Woods) and Armslist.

GB charges a commission, correct?

“There is Truth in the Old Saying, That if you make yourself a Sheep, the Wolves will eat you.”
Benjamin Franklin, 1773
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2017, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

my dealer (FFL) said he would handle the shipping and paperwork. i have no idea what the cost would be. i would rather sell it here. i will have to check pennswoods, didn't think of that.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2017, 08:20 PM

I agree, classifieds and face to face is best and easier. PAFOA has a lot of classified posts. Hate to say it, but used Glocks are plentiful..probably not the easiest sell if you're looking to get the best price. Just my opinion but I think selling items individually may work better for you.
bohunr likes this.

Last edited by Marcus99; 09-15-2017 at 08:24 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 04:50 AM

I sold many long guns thru GB, but no pistols. Everything went smoothly. Follow their instructions.
bohunr likes this.

benchrest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page