Get them young one out shooting ! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By willyp
  • 1 Post By Laylow
  • 1 Post By Marcus99

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Get them young one out shooting !

I know it is some times hard to afford shells for a man with a family but try to get them kids shooting.
It does pay off having them use to their gun. My 2 sons and my grandson when i hear their gun go off i 99% of the time know they will be dragging out some thing?
I worked with my son-in law last fall on shooting off hand. He got far better than he ever thought he could shoot! He got a doe last season and all i heard from him back at the Jeep was "Thanks Willy,thanks Willy for the shooting time !"
We put in time with the inlines also and they have gotten deer with these guns to.
What hurts is they are far better than i ever was at shooting !
It sure takes more time than the weekend of Thanksgiving to shoot . You can get the gun shot in but not the person behind it ?
Just my thoughts.
Laylow likes this.

WILLY P

Last edited by willyp; 08-31-2017 at 02:25 PM. Reason: sp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 03:08 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I agree with you 100%. This is off subject but during the VN War recruiters loved farm kids and sportsmen because they knew how to use a gun. I didn't know any kid when I was growing up in the country that didn't shoot a 22. And most were pretty darn good shots. Of course a box of long rifles was 25 cents and a box of long rifle hollow points were 35 cents. But we would look for pop bottles, get the deposit, and buy a box of shells.
willyp likes this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 03:14 PM

This is good advice for anyone, not just younger people. While I shoot many different guns a decent amount throughout the year I know that my "hunting practice" with a rifle is lacking. I need to shoot more off hand, unsupported, kneeling, etc... Even shooting a 22 can be beneficial. Too many guys only shoot off the bench.
Laylow likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page