BAD GUNS? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
NRA
Frequent Contributor

BAD GUNS?

Have you ever owned a gun that just seemed to have problems with it? What gun and what were the issues?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
NRA
Frequent Contributor

Re: BAD GUNS?

Mine would be my Savage model 24f .223 over 12 gauge. I have the scope sighted in for the rifle at 100 yards but the shotgun shoots way low and two the left. I wish I could adjust the barrels to bring them into alignment.
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 10:35 AM

Remington 870. I had a 12ga, 3" years ago. The thing would inconsistently jam(stove pipe) when cycled. Sent it back to Remington....they replaced some things(ejector & ectractor I think) and sent it back. Still happened. Dealt with it for a couple years and then traded it in on a BPS.

I must have gotten a lemon because everyone I know that has an 870 hasn't had a lick of problems with theirs. Regardless, it put a sour taste in my mouth and I will likely not ever buy another 870 because of it.

You really under estimated the ramifications of the boondoggle you have just perpetrated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

remington 504. the lemon king of the remington line. died a wimpering sales death beause of that. i had one. shot ok most of time then a flier 3 (or more) inches away from main group. bad barrels more often than not.
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 10:46 AM

mossberg 835 ultimag. shoots way left and very high. Missed two big gobblers in the same day once and haven't used it since. Thought it was just me, but 3 others who shot it had the same issue. soured me on mossberg, have bought browning or remington since when dealing with shotguns.

4C
Patron Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 11:17 AM

Got a 20 gauge AYA Spanish Dbl from Sears for Christmas way back when I graduated high school. After my 4 years in the service were up the thing decided to fire both barrels upon closing the action. Took it to the local gunsmith for repair, but just didn't trust it anymore and got rid of it.

“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?” Douglas Adams
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Sig Trailside 22 LR semi for me. Sent it back to them 3 times, got new pistols back each time and each time they had similar issues. Soft metal on the slide (peening at the slide stop), FTF, bad magazines, cracked trigger guards, etc. Sig knew they had problems with the pistols and yet kept on selling them. No more Sigs for me ever! Worst hosing I ever took on a firearm.

Muab Dib

"There is no District 12"
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 01:08 PM

Ruger M77 300 Mag, couldnt get that thing to shoot under 3" at 100 yards. Left a bad taste in my mouth and havent bought a Ruger rifle since.
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 01:15 PM
The Man

I once bought a new Ruger M77 in 270 Win., and I couldn't get the thing to do 4", even after trying to work out a bunch of different loads for it..Sold it to a buddy who thought that maybe he could get the thing to shoot...He ended up selling it too....Bought a Ruger Stainless in 300 Win., and it grouped 3/4" with just about anything I cared to put through it.....Airline lost it on a trip to Montana....So I guess it's a toss of the dice with Ruger 77's.
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 01:23 PM

Walther P22.....dangerous piece

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page