The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Name Model Of Ruger Rifle

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Jericho 
#1 ·
Local gun shop had a Ruger mod 77 in 243 last fall. It had the composite stock in camo, and a matte stainless steel barrel.

I have looked all over, I have yet to see another one like it. Is there a sub model designation for this set up? love to find one <u>now</u> in .222 / .22-250 / or similar - but need a starting point that is so far elusive.

#3 ·
I've been thinking about replacing the stock on my Ruger M77 Mark II (its the ugly old boat paddle stock), and HS Precision stocks makes some darn fine ones. Problem is that once I buy the stock and pay a gunsmith to do the work, I'll be out $500-600 bucks.

What I'm saying is that even buying a used M77 in a varmint round and then having the stock replaced, you're looking at $1000 put into the gun. For that money you could buy a new rifle from another maker with the stock you want.

#4 ·
IMO I like Ruger guns some of the NEW ones have stocks that I'm not nuts about. I lean towards bulky forends and most new ones are thin. As someone already said Ruger goes wood, black or 2 tone never seen camo. I know if I got a new one I'ed want to do the same put on after market. Maybe you need to keep lookin...later

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.