Good southwest PA gunsmith for Rem. 700 trigger swap? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2017, 01:43 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Good southwest PA gunsmith for Rem. 700 trigger swap?

Picked up a mid 80's 700 ADL. 30-06 today on trade, and it's a beautiful, classic gun but the trigger is a bit gritty and the safety takes considerable force to move it into "firing" position. I took it apart and cleaned it up after I got home, and noticed that maybe there is some debris or rust thst had worked in there from previous years. I cleaned with Rem Oil and all that good stuff but still stiff and the trigger freaks and grinds right before it actually breaks. I'm thinking about getting a $100 or so Timney trigger, but just would like a qualified gunsmith to install. Unless I find it is easy enough to install, I see some are. Any recommendations for gunsmiths or easy to install trigger assemblies? I live outside of Pittsburgh, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2017, 08:37 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Pinehunter try Czars in Ford Cliff (ford city) they are across from sheetz on 66
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 04:35 AM

I have installed Timmny triggers. They are fairly easy, follow the instructions.

benchrest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 08:27 AM

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 10:00 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

The older 700 triggers are actually very good if set up properly.
You could call Neil Jones and check with him about it before just buying a new one.
In any event don't just go throwing it away.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superd View Post
Pinehunter try Czars in Ford Cliff (ford city) they are across from sheetz on 66
I believe Csars closed two months ago. At least that's what I was told. They did good work.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 01:09 PM

Pine
If you wanted the trigger worked... Dicks in north hills ask for chuck stuwart not sure if he works there still or not been a few years.
Or two best choices... You have dave bruno in springdale or economy gunsmithing out on 65.
I installed a timney trigger in my 700 it was very easy after watching a video two or three times... but for the cost it prob be cheaper to have a smith work your trigger you have now.
Dave
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Thanks for all the responses, I actually made this post before I even bothered to see if there were videos, and yes, looks simple to install. I've never been one to swap out triggers, as I've never had a problem with factory triggers, but this one is not right. The safety is ridiculously hard to disengage and the trigger sounds like something is grinding before it breaks. I think it is rusty internally for some reason
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 07:10 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post

That is the same video that I used to help when I installed the Timney triggers in my 700s.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page