Best ankle holster for S&W 442/Ruger SP 101 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 02:23 AM Thread Starter

Best ankle holster for S&W 442/Ruger SP 101

Is there an ankle holster that will accomodate both of the above revolvers? What brand do you like and why?

You just shot an unarmed man. Well he should have armed himself!!! Clint Eastwood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 10:39 AM
Sage

Re: Best ankle holster for S&W 442/Ruger SP 101

I wouldn't recommend an ankle holster for carry period. A gun under your pants at the ankle couldn't be at a more difficult place to access if you need it.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

It would be for a backup gun.

You just shot an unarmed man. Well he should have armed himself!!! Clint Eastwood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Sage

You can have two back up guns, neither will do you much good if you can't bring it to bear in time to help yourself. You can use whatever you want, as someone who carried a gun daily as part of my job and still does I am simply recommending you go to another kind of holsters, there are many to choose from that give you good and quick access.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

John +1

I doubt any holster would hold the two different guns you specified. An ankle holster has to be tight as it moves, especially if you are in a foot race.

A knife rides better there. A friend that loves ankle holster got me one once, wore it a week and then it got permanently retired. Can't cross your legs, and your pants will ride up on it if it is really on your ankles.

If the SP101 is your backup piece, can I ask what your primary carry is??
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Will probably just end up carrying the S&W 442 in a pocket. I have an IWB for the Ruger SP101. Just wondered if anyone had any good experiences with any ankle holsters.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 11:03 PM

i disagree with you. i carry a smith and wesson model 642 on my ankle in a Desantis ankle holster while i am on duty. i can remove my backup very fast. its all in how you train. it is a very effective way to conceal a pistol if you are wearing loose pants at the ankle. if you were rolling around on the ground with someone it is very easy to access you weapon. again i feel a weapon concealed on the ankle is a very good place to carry.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 11:10 PM

cisco, look at the Desantis ankle holsters. very well made and very comfortable. i cary on my ankle everytime i hit the road on duty. practice different scenarios. it is very fast to access your backup as long as you have loose pants around you ankles. with practice you will draw as fast from you ankle as any other concealed holster area. trust me i feel i could draw my ankle gun faster than most people could draw from an in the pants holster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page