The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Complaint department

5K views 25 replies 20 participants last post by  COL K 
#1 ·
Do you have any complaints or suggestiong related to firearms. Maybe nowhere to shoot? ammo too high? etc,etc,
I for one wish that when i bought a hunting license that would allow me to go on stateland a fire 3 or four shots to sight my scope in.

#3 ·
Oh brother, you do know there are things called sportsmans clubs with ranges and there are ranges on some SGLs. Must be boredom that propagates this kind of thread.

#13 ·
I "ran" our club's ranges for many years and the month prior to firearms season, was always very entertaining. Especially the week just prior to the opener.

We used to call it Paper Plate Week, although in all fairness, if ya could put three shots in those paper plates @ 100 yards, probably not a problem for the average hunter on opening day?

It was the folks that couldn't, yet decided they were ready, who provided most of the entertainment.

#18 ·
every year on the sunday before buck opener while we were all blazing away, my dad would lay his old rem 141 35 across the sandbags, squeeze one shot off and put it dead in the bull at 75 yards and put 'er away. i haven't shot that gun in at least 15 years but i'll bet it will still do it.

#19 ·
It's hard for me to imagine that people think 3 shots into a paper plate at 100yrds is ready it thats all i was doing i wouldnt use that rifle or possibly not even hunt that year .I'm not an expert by any means and i realize that its still a little big but i i'm ok with a 2" group but usually have a 1- 1 1/2"

#20 ·
While I generally like my deer rifles to shoot a bit better than 2", "minute of paper plate" @ 100 yards, will usually mean a dead deer on the ground...if the shots are in the boiler room?

When my son was 12 and a month or so ahead of his first deer season, I had him shoot up some old ammo in the M94 he'd be using. He was already familiar with it, but had done most of his shooting that summer with his 222, for woodchucks.

Had him blast away at an old calendar page (flipped over, FO target dot on the white paper) at 50 yards, offhand.

He put every round into about a 6" group in the middle of the 10"x13" paper, then grumbled that it wasn't very good.

Told him it was fine and he was only comparing it to shooting his 222 from the bipod and being used to dinky groups at 100 yards.

An ol' boy who was watching, told my son every one of those shots should've been a dead deer at that distance and he'd done well. That cheered the little twerp up some.

#26 ·
I'd like to see a gun advocate group started that would attend all gun shows with baseball bats. They would then patrol the isles clubbing every moron who pointed guns at others while "looking them over."

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.