The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

300 WSM scope suggestions

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  nomad_archer 
#1 ·
Well, I bought a 300 wsm today. I had plans to purchase a burris fulfield II E1 with ballistic plex. However they discontinued the scope I was looking for. Anyone have any suggestions for long range scopes with something similiar to ballistics plex. I am hoping for something that has up to a 18 or 20 power. Somewhere in the 300-500 dollar range. Thanks guys

#7 ·
I have a vx-3 6-20x 40mm on my groundhog gun, wooks good out to abought600 yards then, it is luck for me.

Should mention that, as you go up in the magnification much better glass is required. Many of the cheaper 18 or 20x scopes are really not as good as 9x leupold be cause they lack clarity at long range. Besure to look thru wht you buy. I know folks want to buy of the internet to get the best price, but scopes really should be 'tested' first to see if it is what you want.

#10 ·
A good ole' standard 3x9 Leupold will last you a lifetime, I've owned at least 10 of them and have never had a failure and they are a bright as they were and some of them are 30+ years old...get the vari-x -1..for $249.00 it's hard to beat and will stand the test of time.

#11 ·
Im not an optics junky but I put a redfield 4-12x40 with an accu-range retical on my .300 win mag and for $219 it works for me and is nice and clear. Redfield is owned by leupold and the redfields have the life time warrenty which was good enough for me. I will keep the scope until my needs are beyond what it is capible of and I dont think I will reach that point anytime soon.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.