SAKO M995 TRG-S .338 Lapua Mag value??? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

SAKO M995 TRG-S .338 Lapua Mag value???

I have a SAKO M995 TRG-S .338 Lapua Mag w/muzzle brake. I am trying to find its value. It was purchased in 2002 and less than 150 rounds through it. Iíve contacted two local dealers and both told me that the gun is not available in United States. Any info on how/where I could find the guns value would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 12:45 PM
Frequent Contributor

I know that Kinsey's had one for sale a few years ago and their price was $650 NIB.

I know one thing, I wouldn't want a 338LM in that TRG-S light rifle. I couldn't even imagine the recoil on that light contoured barrel.

I owned a Sako TRG 42 in 338LM and with the Sako brake, the recoil was very light.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 02:12 PM

To the average hunter in PA, nothing ! It's very specialized and everything about it is expensive, you really must have a real need for it, ultra long range killing and steel banging are about it. It's used in yardages way past 1000 by those who have one and they are a step above the monster .30's in that department... It's in the same boat as all the cartridges created to try to boost sales, not much interest among the mass of hunters/shooters !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 02:20 PM
Frequent Contributor

I would disagree with you about it being a 1,000 yard rifle as it's a hunting rig and not an ELR rig. My TRG 42 was designed for ELR shooting...the TRG-S is a light weight hunting rig. The problem is the barrel profile is too thin to thread it for a brake/suppressor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6-DASHER View Post
To the average hunter in PA, nothing ! It's very specialized and everything about it is expensive, you really must have a real need for it, ultra long range killing and steel banging are about it. It's used in yardages way past 1000 by those who have one and they are a step above the monster .30's in that department... It's in the same boat as all the cartridges created to try to boost sales, not much interest among the mass of hunters/shooters !
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 03:07 PM

I would pay $650 for it.

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
I would disagree with you about it being a 1,000 yard rifle as it's a hunting rig and not an ELR rig. My TRG 42 was designed for ELR shooting...the TRG-S is a light weight hunting rig. The problem is the barrel profile is too thin to thread it for a brake/suppressor.
Actually, I did have a brake installed. I used the gun for an elk hunt in Utah last fall. Practiced at the range up to 600 yards. Ended up getting my elk at 200 yards.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 04:07 AM

check it out on www.gunbroker.com or www.sakocollectorsassn.com

benchrest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page