Remington 700 BDL SS - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Remington 700 BDL SS

I recently purchased a used, but well taken care of rifle of this make chambered in .338 Win Mag. Couldn't pass the price up. Does anyone know when these rifles were manufactured until and when they started? I know mine was made in 1993. I always wanted to get a Rem 700, but from back from when they weren't as questionable as the new ones are today (not all models, but particularly the cheaper ones). I put a Leupold base and rings on it with a Leupold 2-7x on it and fed it some Federal 250 grain Nosler Partitions at the range last week and wow is it accurate. Yeah, it's too big for 99% of any hunting in the U.S., especially PA deer hunts, but I plan on using it for most bear and deer hunts next fall and maybe try a red tag hunt soon. Anyone a fellow owner of this model (any caliber)? Just can't find much manufacturing history on it from Remington. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 12:23 PM
Frequent Contributor

The SS BDL's were made from 93 to 2004. More than likely their were a few calibers ( the 223rem for sure) that were only made 1 or 2 yrs, some maybe 3 to 5 yrs. Typical of Remington. They're fine rifles , welcome to the neighborhood.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 03:58 PM

Big thumper, you may change your mind after 4 shots oof the bench....if you reload tone it down ...no PA animal can take a hit and live long from it...just watch your background, I've shot it right through good sized trees..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Thanks for the responses folks. Glad you could get me the years of manufacturing. I'm not recoil sensitive, but I'd be lying if I said it was pleasant to shoot. Just a good quality gun overall that will handle any hunting situation in the world pretty much.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 08:27 PM

The 700 BDL's were the good ones. I have owned several and still do have several in various calibers. I agree that the SPS models of today are junk compared to the older BDL's. Enjoy your purchase.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 09:01 AM

I have one. Bought one in '96....Synthetic, SS in 300 Win Mag. Put a 3x9 Burris Signature Series scope on top. It is my go to rifle and has been a true shooter from day one. Had the trigger adjusted to 3lb pull. If I had to choose one of my rifles to hunt with it's an easy choice.....this one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page