Winchester Model 70 in 25wssm - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Question Winchester Model 70 in 25wssm

I have a Winchester Model 70 Super Shadow in 25 wssm caliber that I won from an NWTF banquet years ago. It's a good gun, but I don't use it a whole lot and would like to possibly sell to fund a varmint gun. The problem I'm having is that it appears to be fairly rare and I don't know what a fair asking price would be? Any suggestions?

So many things to hunt, but too little time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 04:52 PM
Frequent Contributor

Stick it on gunbroker in a no reserve auction. You'll get a fair price for it for sure.

16 years and counting. Welcome to the life of a Buffalo Bills fan!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 06:08 PM

I have a super shadow in 7mm WSM. I've seen a few used ones at gun shops lately for around $400. I think at this point in time the "rare" factor of the 25 wssm isn't going to add much value as a collectors item or anything. If anything it may be worth less because the ammo is getting to hard to come by.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 07:56 PM

I almost bought one of these when they first came out, but never did. They werent on the market very long before they were discontinued. GUNBROKER might bring you more money than you think, patience is the key.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Thanks guys. I have a few people I know that have been interested in the gun. I just want to be able to ask a fair price. I have the dies and a bunch of brass, so to the right person the scarce ammo shouldn't be an issue.

So many things to hunt, but too little time.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 08:48 AM
The Man

Don't let the brass go without the gun. The brass makes the gun saleable.

I have had 2 or 3 people call me in the past year or two looking for Win. short mag brass. It is hard to find in any caliber and the gun is useless without it.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 04:58 PM

Unfortunately the brass hassle makes it almost unsellable, Factory ammo is as scarce as filled hens teeth, reloading brass is always out of stock or marked seasonal... I've seen lots of these unusual cartridge rifle practically have to be given away to get rid of them unfortunately... Rather than do that you'might want to just put it in the gun cabinet and hope for better days..
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 06:21 PM

Yeah I know the 7mm WSM brass is really scarce and it can't easily be made from 300WSM or 270WSM brass. There is several forums online where people have been looking for it for over a year. Luckily I have an unopened bag of 50 that I picked up at Gander Mountain on the clearance shelf a few years back. I did see that it was available a month or two ago, but it went really quick and is now unavailable again. Seems like Winchester only makes a batch of it maybe once a year.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page