m77 ruger .257 roberts - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 02:00 AM Thread Starter

m77 ruger .257 roberts

Ive got a M77 Ruger in .257 roberts and i want to know how much its worth. Its the red pad, round top, tang safety, made in the 200th year of american liberty edition. Overall its in good condition, few minor scratches, some wearing on the bluing but not bad. Drives tacks. I was just asking because i was thinking about maybe getting rid of this one because i dont use it anymore. I seen the same gun on gunbroker and the starting bid was 1200.00 bucks. That was for a gun in new condition though. Mine you can tell has been used.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 10:54 AM
The Man

Re: m77 ruger .257 roberts

A premium price will only be paid by a serious 77 collector and then for a boxed gun, preferably a NIB specimen.

Your rifle, IMO, is worth no more than a Hawkeye in like condition, on the open market. I have the first model 77 Roberts Ruger offered in 1972, a 77ST.....minty used ones rarely bring over $450....

Put it on Gunbroker with a reasonable reserve and see where it goes.....
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

They still make a 257 Roberts. I would be shocked personally if you got more than $550 for it.

I just did a search of past auctions on gunbroker. This is a better way to determine price rather than looking at auctions with no bids such as the one you referenced. Shows you what people are actually going to pay and you can see those with high starting bids have been relisted several times.

A NIB Liberty Model sold for $875. Thats with no scratches and no "wearing" on the bluing.

A couple of others in the same configuration, but made a different year and in good condition sold for $500 or less.

The deer didn't disappear.... the 250,000 guys who used to walk around and make the deer move did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Frequent Contributor

I sold my 257 with a redfield on it for $450 Sorry I did! If you are interested in selling it look me up!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I do not know what it is worth but I have a M77 .257 Roberts and I love It!

GOD is GREAT, BEER is GOOD, & PEOPLE are CRAZY
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Ok, thanks guys. I'd really hate to get rid of this thing just because of how accurate it is. I havent shot it for a couple years but i used to get half inch groups at 100 yards off sandbags. I bought a couple 30.06's a few years ago because the ammo is much cheaper and its got a little more knock down power. Not that i needed knock down power though because i used to whack the crapp out of deer with that roberts, even head shot a couple. I got one of those BDC recticle scopes for this gun because i thought id start groud hog or predator hunting with it but i havent been out yet. Im the type of guy that has to use something in order to justify keeping it and i just cant seem to find a use for this anymore.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page