22 mag

Does anybody have any input on a savage model 93f

Pennsylvania State University
Forest Ecosystems Management 2017
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 12:15 AM

Re: 22 mag

I have a 93FV.Quite accurate,light and inexpensive for a heavy barrel.I ahve only used CCI 40 grain HP so far.It's very accurate.I may try other brands and grains but doubt it can be improved on.Shoots clover leafs at 50.I tried it at 100 on a very windy day and it wasn't good.However all the shots did follow the wind.I haven't had a chance to try 100 on a day not windy yet.I suspect it will do much better.If you get one for a good price you will not be unhappy.

Bob Seger,till it shines.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 10:43 AM
Sage

HuntPhilipsburg, Just bought a new Savage 93FV (heavy bbl model) at a price i just couldnt couldnt resist!! Should have by end of week or early next.

Compared both the 93F & 93FV and decided the 93FV is the way to go. More reports of tighter groups, only weighs 6 lbs with heavy bbl which ain't bad. Plus comes with factory bases & no open sights(clean bbl). I will be scoping gun.

Best of luck in your lookin!!

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Loggy that's what I have been looking at as well. I think I'm going to pick one up this spring.

Pennsylvania State University
Forest Ecosystems Management 2017
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

First see if you personally like the Savage 22 Accu-trigger. Even at the min setting, I thought it too heavy for myheavy barrel rifle. There is no way to tune the 22 rf accutrigger correctly. Mine is scope sighted, 12x. My light barreled 22 mag, Marlin bolt shoots better. I'm not going to sell the Savage, it looks good, but I was a little disappointed.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrysigafoo
First see if you personally like the Savage 22 Accu-trigger. Even at the min setting, I thought it too heavy for myheavy barrel rifle. There is no way to tune the 22 rf accutrigger correctly. Mine is scope sighted, 12x. My light barreled 22 mag, Marlin bolt shoots better. I'm not going to sell the Savage, it looks good, but I was a little disappointed.
My exprience to the exact contrary. Owned several Savage Accutriggered guns & one of the best triggers out there comparing to some of the expense aftermarket triggers. Know several owners of accutrigger 22's and same thing...an outstanding trigger. On the very lightest setting you dont have to do much more than look at it!!

Harry...id contact savage service dept...sumpin aint right with yours.

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

talked to them.
the Accutrigger Rimfire is very different than the accu-trigger Cf.

Replacement upgrade trigger are out of sight. I've not found a gunsimthe that will work on them, although there are dozens of diy sites that say just keep cutting the wire spring.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrysigafoo
talked to them.

Replacement upgrade trigger are out of sight. I've not found a gunsimthe that will work on them, although there are dozens of diy sites that say just keep cutting the wire spring.
Yeah...I talked to them too several times in past week. Exact same trigger design except scaled to rimfire receiver configuration. Can adjust down to 2.5 lbs which more than meets my expectations for a hunting rifle. The cf Accu Trigger can be squeezed a lil lighter due to spring size etc. but both possess the outstanding clean/crisp trigger break inherent to the Accu Trigger.

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 10:01 PM
The Man

Quote:
alked to them.

Im not sure I would call $84 out of sight the rifle basix trigger can be had here for 84 bucks to replace the accutrigger.........
Trigger

Also, some guys that shoot Savages in our plinker league clip the spring in the accutrigger, and they have got them down in the oz range.....

"Most people miss opportunity because it comes dressed in overalls, and looks like hard work"
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 01:05 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot1822
Also, some guys that shoot Savages in our plinker league clip the spring in the accutrigger, and they have got them down in the oz range.....
On the older Accura-triggers you can clip the spring and fit it back over the stud that holds it in place under the receiver.

On the newer triggers there is no stud. The spring is bent to fit in a hole in the receiver. You can still clip the spring but you have to reshape it and bend up the end to fit in the receiver hole.

The stud and the hole keep the spring in place.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page