I should have kept that gun!!!!!!!!!!!!! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
The Man

I should have kept that gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK...we have all done it.. We got rid of a gun we should have kept..Me...it was a Win Model 1400 LH semiautomatic 12 gauge.. Gee I could have used that now for fox...It did not have the Winchoke system just a plain ole Modified tube.. But there be so many fox pelts hanging on the shed now had I kept that one... LOL
They are not worth much now..Proably not even $200.00.. I did replace it with another Model 1400 with Winchoke but that one is a RH...Thats why it was fast...LH safety left hand ejection.. I could switch the safety on the RH to LH and it would probably be near the same as the old gun I should have kept!!!!!
Is there still a gun that you wished you just left it where it was sitting? This is the only gun I got rid of that I do look back now!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: I should have kept that gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a Remington 870 wingmaster that had the most gorgeous wood you ever laid eyes on. It was just a production gun, but for some reason Remington graced it with near exhibition wood. I bought it years ago at the old Coopers sporting goods in Mansfield, and can still see the old man there stand back and whoooo! when I picked it up out of the box. I had it for a long time, and in a stupid fit I traded it on something else. I have always regretted it, but I hope whoever has it now enjoys it like I did .

"Be nice, until its time to not be nice" (Patrick Swayze...Roadhouse)
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 10:05 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Only one I can think of that I would like back was a Remington 700 chambered in 7STW with a detachable magazine. I sold it to a guy that I work with now who still has it, but isn't interested in parting with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 10:08 PM
The Man

I think just about every gun that I have ever had and sold are ones that I should have kept.
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 10:15 PM

Years ago my grandfather gave me a Winchester Model 60 .22cal single shot rifle. He didn't think it was worth anything when he gave it to me and neither did I. Eventually I decided to sand the gun down, JB weld some scope bases to the reciever and paint the gun, scope and rings/bases in a camo pattern. At the time I used it to shoot small critters with .22 CB's at close range. About 5-6yrs ago a co-worker had the blue book for guns. I took a glance at the value for that little rifle. The rifle was manufactured around 1936 and only a limited number were produced. In the condition it was in prior to my work the value was at $400. I cringe a little every time I look at it. Heck I hardly even shoot it anymore but it isn't worth selling now!

WMU 3A
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 10:50 PM
Sage

I had a Browning Citori, Sporting clays O/U 12 ga traded in on a 7 MM , sold the 7 and wish I still had the Citori...
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 11:29 PM
Frequent Contributor

I can think of 2-a Marlin 1894 .25-20, that was a fun gun to shoot, and a Remington 788 in .222-I shot an honest .5" 5 shot group with that rifle.

Will
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 11:40 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I had a Re. 760 in /06 that I decided I didn't want. Now I look at prices and keep kicking myself.

Life member NRA
Life member DAV
Life member VFW
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 12:02 AM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflktrman
I had a Re. 760 in /06 that I decided I didn't want. Now I look at prices and keep kicking myself.
rflktrman - I am on the other end ... my dad has a 760/30-06 with a cusom stock/cheek rest that I sometimes use and hope to some day own (even willing to it from him when he is ready to part with it). I have a 7600 of my own, but have always liked his 760 better

1A & 2D
Rem. 7600 30-06, 3x9 Scope
Parker Enforcer
TC Renegade 54 cal Flintlock
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 12:13 AM
Frequent Contributor

Nope. I donít know what you're talking about Buck. I've bought lots of guns but never sold even one. I guess I'm afraid of the regret that you're feeling.
V

I don't always hunt with a bow, but when I do I prefer Mathews. Stay vertical, my friends.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page