32ws/win 94 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-19-2016, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

32ws/win 94

So...I was at a Cabela's today and went into the "fancy" gun section just because I love guns.

Came to the old Winchester section and there was a m94 chambered in 32ws. It had a 20" barrel.

I knew nothing about the caliber..

I've never been into lever guns though the thought crossed my mind a few times..

It seriously almost followed me home...if the link e to buy guns wasn't 3 hours long I think it may have...Just a nice sized light rifle...and man..it shoulders like a dream...

Action was like butter and could actually use a cleaning...I couldn't tell if the bluing was redone or not..if it wasn't it was pretty dang nice..the wood I'm guessing was..but maybe not..I'm not an old gun guru...seemed like a decently thick clear was applied but didn't fill the grain..could drag your nail down the stock and catch the grain. Wouldn't care either way as I'd simply hand rub an oil finish on it..

Anyone hunt with the 32ws??

Whats that model actually sell for? Say the stock was refinished and it was reblued. I see 500-1200+ on GB. It was listed at like $450. And boy was it tempting.
uplift likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 02:56 AM

Just a 30/30 necked up to .32 dia..an old timer down the street harvested a buck every year with one with open sights...not rare but not common either, a small collector investment, don't think you could go wrong for the price to be honest..
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 07:54 AM
Frequent Contributor

I have one in a model 64. It was the first rifle I hunted with and never got to fire it at a deer. It has the rabbit ear open sights and is plenty accurate to hunt with. One of these years I'm going to take it out again and prove to myself I could of killed a deer with it.
uplift likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 08:27 AM
Banned

I like it a lot better than the turdy-turdy! It's definitely one of the forgotten PA deer cartridges. I have my great uncles in a 94. I know he had gotten deer and bear with it. I shoot it once in a while. I always wanted to take it out hunting, but I have too many open sighted rifles I would rather get one with! Lol

Surprisingly enough, browsing through the ammo at Gander Mountain the other day I saw they had quite a few boxes of .32 Win Special. So ammo must be easy enough to find if you don't reload.
uplift likes this.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

It's not an impulse buy if I slept on it.....right? Lol.

Got a call into them...I can't find one that cheap... hopefully they'll ship it to Wheeling for me..and hopefully they let me ask a few questions and know about it.

Don't need it. Never thought I'd want something like that. But sometimes you find the love of your life when you aren't looking....hahahaha

I do hand load. So that's of no concern...I've never handloaded rimmed cartridges or for lever guns...but I'm sure I can figure it out...brass is available...as are bullets.

If nothing else it'd be a fun gun to shoot and own..

We'll see if it works out..
Hungry Horse and uplift like this.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 10:13 AM
The Man

If it's been refinished there is no collector value to it. I would suspect at that price it has been refinished. If it's had a scope mounted (4 holes in the receiver) that detracts from its value as do sling swivels. The .32 Special has the least interest among 94 lovers.
Unless it's a really poor quality re-do, the price is well worth it for a shooter. The bore interior should be shiny and w/o pitting.
uplift likes this.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Thanx Bob! Was trying to figure out how to send you a message and couldn't figure it out! I knew you'd have some insight!

Wasn't drilled for a sling..and I don't think it was drilled for a scope.

The bluing just seemed far too clean to be original..if it was it should be priced much higher.

The stock was all there..no dents, dings,gouges cracks, chips, soft spots etc..all the metal fit was proper...the varnish or whatever was done poorly...I'm not sure if it was original or not...

If I buy it, maybe we can meet up and you can take a look before I would refinish it or anything...
uplift likes this.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 12:31 PM
The Man

sent you a PM Devin...
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Thanx Bob! I replied.

One thing about Cabela's....their prices seem to be right on or slightly high...so I doubt this is any kind of great find...
uplift likes this.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 01:54 PM
The Man

Cabela prices are usually high but I have made some screaming buys from them. Some stores have very knowledgeable people while others are clueless. I bought a M71 in .450 Alaskan that Tom Burgess built and I literally stole it....I also saw a M70 .257 Roberts carbine go for $1,400 because Cabelas thought the barrel had been cut. It pays to watch them for buys.
If your gun was heavily polished (rounded sharp edges and missing numbers or letters) it detracts from its value. An honestly worn and original 94 is worth more. 32 Specials can be found that are original for $400-600. If the gun you saw shows signs of poor work stay away from it.....
uplift likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page