T bolt opinion - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

T bolt opinion

gander has a new browning T bolt 22 that i was fondling today. it is really a sweet little gun with nice wood, blue and fit and finish. i been having a hankering to get another good 22 since my son has taken a liking to my 77/22. they wanted $585 which looks like going price on GB.

anyone have one?

My diploma is a DD Form 214
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 09:45 PM
The Man

Re: T bolt opinion

I have an old original Browning T-Bolt II and it is probably the nicest 22 I've ever owned...I used to shoot 22 silhouette at Kreamer Sportsmans Club and a whole bunch of guys used Browning T-bolts, that's what turned me on to them..I have a Leupold M8-6X on mine...Haven't priced the old ones lately but for the money you're talking, you might find a nice old one for around the same price (maybe).I picked mine up at the Harrisburg gun show .
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 09:55 PM
Banned

I picked one up this summer for $300(couldn't resist) and I didn't need another 22. I put a BSA sweet 22 6-18X40 scope on it. It's a bit too big of a scope for the small frame 22 but it makes a neat setup. The trigger is nicely crisp and it is a nice little 22. I have no regrets. Only thing I've tried better is my Kimber 22.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

i wonder how the quality and accuracy differ between the older belgium ones and the newer japanese ones? i definitely like the style of the new one. it was light and pointed really nice and the bolt was slick as heck. not sure about the trigger though.

My diploma is a DD Form 214
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 11:24 PM
Frequent Contributor

I think the walnut model is a nice rifle. I do not like the one with the synthetic stock, but I like the walnut stocked model. The price is not bad. And the Jap rifles shoot very well. Buy it and don't look back. There are a lot of other nice 22's out there. But the T-Bolt is also in that category. Tom.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 12:56 AM
The Man

I haven't examined one of the newer ones so I am not going to comment on them, but being an "old gun" person as I am, I would check out an older Belgium gun before rushing to any conclusion...With the way prices are rising on new guns these days,it almost makes sense to buy the collectables, at least they pay as an investment if you would ever want to part with them.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I used to have a Belgium gun and liked the action alot, mine shot OK, not great, so I sold it.I'm probably going to buy one of the new ones.If you look at the old ones make sure they don't have saltwood!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 11:35 PM

Have had a few 22's over the years but the T-bolt in 22 mag is my favorite so far, a newer one, wood stock, and accurate, and light.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page