Conceal Carry for a Female - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Conceal Carry for a Female

Hey all,

Question for anyone that has input. My wife wants to start carrying. She's been shooting a few times a year for a couple of years so she's not a complete newbie. We did sign her up for some INPAX defensive handgun training though, and she already has her LTC.

My question is she wants to carry in her purse. Any recommendations on a holster that works well for the ladies?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 04:58 PM

Re: Conceal Carry for a Female

38 special revolver would be perfect ...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 05:31 PM

There's a lot of good reading about why a woman shouldn't carry in her purse and should be carrying on her person, mainly the purse is usually the target of a thief.

If she does insist on carrying in her purse, I would recommend her getting a purse that has that specific purpose in mind so she can practice drawing from the purse. You don't want the gun getting lost in the clutter of a purse, so having a dedicated pocket is the best option.

Admittedly, my wife struggles to find something that she can conceal carry on her person without obvious printing so she usually chooses carry in her purse. She has a Sig P938. They're very compact, and she can carry it on her person in the colder months when wearing a coat.

I got a holster for my wife from a company called The Well Armed Woman.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 02:53 AM

38 Spec Rev, Glock 43, Smith Shield 9mm, or Springfield XDS 9mm, are great choices. For Purse carry, check out Galco international for purse options, as as TPR said.. The Well armed woman...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

I guess I should have already mentioned I bought her a Glock 43 and she's been practicing with that, and my other Glock 23. She'll be carrying the 43, just wondering what would be a good way for her to carry it. Thanks for the responses!

Oh, and I did already mention to her that she'll need a purse with a dedicated pocket so the gun doesn't get lost amongst all the other stuff. The current designer purses she carries do have a specific pocket that she can use just for the gun/holster alone to eliminate any confusion.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot2kills
I guess I should have already mentioned I bought her a Glock 43 and she's been practicing with that, and my other Glock 23. She'll be carrying the 43, just wondering what would be a good way for her to carry it. Thanks for the responses!

Oh, and I did already mention to her that she'll need a purse with a dedicated pocket so the gun doesn't get lost amongst all the other stuff. The current designer purses she carries do have a specific pocket that she can use just for the gun/holster alone to eliminate any confusion.
Check out Galco, and maybe Mitch Rosen and Milt Sparks... they may make purses she would like. But they aren't Michael Kor or Coach.. so that may be a issue in the long run... Can you tell I am whipped and been in these stores... UGH!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page