The Ruger Gunsite Scout .308 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

The Ruger Gunsite Scout .308

Anyone that knows me knows that I am one of those guys that demand my given deer rifle performs at a high level. Over the last seven years, I have owned five different rifles while searching for that rifle that performs ALL the time.
I have owned several rifles that would group very well (yes I am that guy that demands MOA or better from a deer rifle),but they would always open drastically after three or four shots.
Two years ago, I purchased a Browning Long Range in 300 Win. That rifle was a born shooter, but it was like carrying a telephone pole around in the woods. I lost a close in chance at a doe due to the size of that thing, and that was it... I was back to the drawing board, AGAIN.
A buddy of mine at Grice Gun Shop asked me if I had even considered the Gunsite. I said no; primarily due to the fact that I have just never been a Ruger fan (no reason, just a Ford, Chevy, Dodge kind of thing).
Anyway, he talked me into the Gunsite. To say that my mind was blown by this rifle would be an understatement. Not only did it hold at or under MOA over three different types of ammo; it held it over a fairly rapid 15 shot sequence.
I have NEVER seen a rifle (let alone a factory gun) hold a group like that through a heat cycle. It is truly an amazing and I am very much happy to say that I have finally found what I was after all these years.
Anyone else shoot them/have similar experiences?
GB

--Please don't beat me up too bad on my generally psychotic expectations of a deer rifle. I drive anyone that I shoot with crazy (which is why I usually shoot alone) on how particular I am on group location and size. It is born out of the Army and I cannot change it, nor do I want to. So go easy on me!

Never underestimate pride; it can be a Man's greatest strength or his worst enemy

Never Forget.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 09:59 PM

Re: The Ruger Gunsite Scout .308

I really like the Ruger Gunsite. It reminds me of the SMLE Jungle Carbine I used to have and killed a 7 point with.

"A 30-30 is all you need. If you use a 30-06 you'll just hit a tree" -My Grandpa

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page