Where is Glock going with this? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Where is Glock going with this?

This was on a facebook post from Trop Gun Shop about the state of their Glock Blue Label Program. I agree with Trop on this one.

Trop Gun Shop regrets to inform our customers that we will no longer be participating in the Glock Blue Label program. Effective immediately, Glock terminated us from the program for refusing to furnish access to our customers’ private information for the purposes of auditing by Glock employees. While it is regrettable that we will no longer be able to offer the benefits of the Blue Label program here at Trop, we absolutely refuse to compromise the sensitive information of our customers by furnishing it to anyone without proper authority through standard legal practices.

To participate in the Glock Blue Label program a dealer must allow Glock access to audit “qualifying credentials” of its Blue Label customers. Typically these credentials are a form of identification verifying the individual is a member of one of the groups listed in the Blue Label program.

Recently a representative of Glock entered our establishment and demanded access to view our records related to all Blue Label sales, specifically our ATF Form 4473s, which contain very detailed, personal and identifying information of our customers. We refused the Glock representative access to this information.

During repeated correspondence Glock continued to demand access to the 4473s or we would be terminated from the Blue Label program. We attempted to reconcile the situation while maintaining our customers’ privacy and made every effort to comply with reasonable requests to audit the Blue Label sales to maintain the integrity of the program. However, Glock insisted that access to the 4473s and only access to the 4473s would be a sufficient level of compliance.

Our position was, and continues to be, that we will not surrender to Glock our Form 4473s and our customers’ identifying information under any circumstance. It is an untenable breach of our customers’ privacy and Trop Gun Shop will not submit to this unreasonable demand. As a result of our position, Glock immediately terminated our status as an authorized participant of the Blue Label program. Furthermore, Glock advised us that if we ever applied in the future, that request would be denied. While we are displeased that we can no longer support our qualifying customers through the Blue Label program, Trop Gun Shop remains committed to the security and privacy of all of our customers, and continues to offer its Law Enforcement / Military discount to those who qualify.

Regards,
Trop Gun Shop

Hunting hobby ended, now I'm a fly fisherman!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 09:12 PM

Re: Where is Glock going with this?

I don't know details but I wonder if they want to be sure those sales are going to LEO's (Blue Label). I may be way off base and I don't know what discount a LEO gets. Maybe dealers are selling a lot of Blue Labels to buddies. I don't think it's any gun manufacturers business to audit a dealer who sells their stuff.

I'm so far behind I think I'm in first place.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 09:16 PM

On a side note if I were a dealer and a cop came in looking for a gun I'd give him/her one at my cost, a no profit deal, and say thanks.

I'm so far behind I think I'm in first place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 09:24 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Good for you for standing on principle.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 09:37 PM

still selling Glocks? I wouldn't if the business could handle it.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 10:45 PM

Sure glad I didn't order a 43 yet. Once again Trop shows where their heart lies. Let's support them where we can.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-24-2015, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfire1
I don't know details but I wonder if they want to be sure those sales are going to LEO's (Blue Label). I may be way off base and I don't know what discount a LEO gets. Maybe dealers are selling a lot of Blue Labels to buddies. I don't think it's any gun manufacturers business to audit a dealer who sells their stuff.
Exactly, Glock audits to ensure dealers aren't abusing their program which is a great program.

http://us.glock.com/bluelabel
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-24-2015, 12:31 AM

From other reading it sounds like the blue label guns are sold UNDER dealer cost and the audit is to ensure that the guns being sold through the program are actually going to those eligible for the program...as glock reimburses the dealer for "the loss".

Not 100% sure...but that seems logical to me...and makes sense IMO...

It'd be fairly easy to claim guns are sold under that program and get reimbursed when they weren't sold legitimately through the program...

I'd like to hear the truth....

I will say kudos to the gun shop for standing up for what they believe is right...caring about customers...especially LEO/military information... That's awesome IMO...the wrong hands get ahold of LEO/military confidential information and credential info etc and that is bad news bears...
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-24-2015, 01:16 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauser06
From other reading it sounds like the blue label guns are sold UNDER dealer cost and the audit is to ensure that the guns being sold through the program are actually going to those eligible for the program...as glock reimburses the dealer for "the loss".
I don't think it is under cost. I believe there is an excise tax that is not passed on to those who are eligible.

I sent an e-mail to a friend who was a Glock dealer. If he responds I'll pass on the information.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-24-2015, 02:36 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfire1
I don't know details but I wonder if they want to be sure those sales are going to LEO's (Blue Label).
This explains the program. Blue Label program

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page