Looking For Values - Ballpark - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Sage

Looking For Values - Ballpark

I have a Remington 513T in very good condition. Bluing is in great shape, Redfield Peep Sights, dovetailed - block style scope mounts. Basically a really nice old target rifle. Barrel is immaculate.

Only real damage, other than a few minor stock dings, is the bolt has been brazed.

This rifle won the Maryland State Smallbore Championship several times in the 1950's by my grandfather.

I will try to get some pic's up later, but looking for a reasonable value on this as I am getting ready to let it go.

The other rifle is a bit rougher, but a Mossberg Mod 42. A real shooter,with Lyman 553(?) peep sights. I would say blue is at at 80%. Firing pin needs replaced. Has the original Mossberg No 6 scope mount and scope on it. Scope still has the rubber eyepiece, but dry rotted. Wood is in great shape.

Same deal - need a big ball park figure on this. The net is all over the place. I realize that overall condition sets the price.

Is your position a short term gain - or a long term loss? Separate the issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010, 11:51 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Looking For Values - Ballpark

250 on both,need pics
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 02:02 AM
Sage

Re: Looking For Values - Ballpark

If the 513 Match Master has any military markings, probably worth a tad more? DCM sold lots of those things years ago, but if gramps was winning matches with it in the 50s, it's probably a "commercial" rifle? They were made from about 1940 to until the 1960s, IIRC? I'd guess from $225 to $300, or thereabouts, if in great condition but for the repaired bolt handle?

Lots of old 22s have re-brazed bolt handles. Guys grumble now about such things falling off newer rifles, but it wasn't a big deal years ago, to repair a 22 bolt handle.

One of the farmers near camp had an old Win. M69 22 with a loose handle. My huntin' bud took it home and brazed it back together for the guy. He was happier'n a pig in poop for many years afterwards. It had been his daddy's gun and he hadn't been able to shoot it for some time.

Needless to say, my bud was always welcome to hunt that place.

Some folks' learnin' curves just look like circles...3A Camp/also hunt 4B

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page