Looking for info on a old SxS - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Looking for info on a old SxS

A close friend of mine found this SxS in their relatives house and was looking for info on it. The farm was actually on American Pickers. The barrels haven't been found as of yet but were still looking. On the right hand side it says Machine made. The left has something but its not legible to me right now. Under where the left barrel would sit there is a JK with a 5 below it. Under the right barrel is a makers mark that resembles a T but not quite. Then what looks to be an H R OR K. Then a 70 6 2. The palm is studded with silver in the checkering. Custom I would guess. There seems to be some kind of coating other than bluing peeling on the receiver. It looks to be metallic from my eye. The word on the left side appears to start with a H. Again just looking for any info anyone could provide.

QDMA LIFE MEMBER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-20-2015, 10:02 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Looking for info on a old SxS

Appears to of been chrome plated at one time. #7056 or something I would guess is the serial number.
The silver pin work in the pistol grip is well done but certainly would weaken this area where strength is needed most. I would assume it was done by the buyer. The engraving is crude as engraving goes and was not a high grade type of coverage but certainly higher than having none at all.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page