FX Verminator Extreme - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2015, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

FX Verminator Extreme

No air rifle forum so I thought I would post it in here.

I got a chance to put these cool little air rifle through its paces over the next few months. In .22 cal, it will get close to 900fps. Swap out the barrel, using FX's quick change barrel system and you can shoot arrows at about 280fps. The rear 500cc tank will take a 250bar charge or about 3400psi. That is some serious pressure which results in about 60-70 full power shots.

Not legal to hunt with in Pa, but many states allow them for hunting and even bowfishing. Maybe some day we will be able to pursue small game with them here? There is legislation in Game and Fish now.

Anyone into premium air rifles out there?

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 09:59 AM
New Arrival

Re: FX Verminator Extreme

I'm the guy that used to say I would never spend the money on a high end air rifle. LOL! Well, I have to admit they are very addicting.
Here's a look at my .25 Kalibrgun Cricket PCP air rifle. It is so accurate it is boring! It is also very quiet. So I can shoot it any time without disturbing the neighbors. Warning! Once you try one of these rifles you will be hooked...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Sweet looking rig. Extreme bull pup design for sure. Looks like a repeater? Magazine in the rear of the stock? What kind of velocity are you getting in .25?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 02:23 PM
New Arrival

The rifle came with a 10 shot chronograph sheet averaging right at 950 Fps with a extreme spread of only 6 Fps! The 30 yard 10 shot group was a single hole. Right now after the regulator settled in its right at 930 Fps with 25.4 grain JSB pellets. The thing to remember with air rifles to get your best accuracy,is to keep them under 1000 Fps. Above that, and the pellets become unstable, and your accuracy falls off.
The Cricket has a 12 Shot magazine. That is at the rear of the rifle. There's a short throw side lever behind the magazine that cocks the rifle. It's a sweet set up for sure.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Just got back from shooting both arrows and 22 pellets. Man, this thing is sweet. I only shot to 20 yards with arrows and 40 yards with the pellets. With the pellets, pretty much 1/2 inch group even in the windy conditions and not a good rest. The barrel shroud attached does quiet it down quite a bit. I started at 210 bars of pressure and I am at about 150 bars now after shooting about 50 times.

How often do you clean the barrel? Do you use the cleaning pellets or another method? Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page