Ammo Ban 8555 / 5.56 / 223 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Ammo Ban 8555 / 5.56 / 223

Im sure everyones aware of obummers executive ban on 8555 green tip "cop killer" bullets. Rumor has it all .223/5.56mm are next. I know someone that worked in the public sector for nearly 3 decades. Tonight i got a call that if i wanted any .223/5.56 to buy it now. Next 30 days it will double if not triple in price and will be banned/ prohibited by 2016. Same person told me around thanksgiving that a "bullet/ammo ban" was coming soon for several popular bullets, then entire calibers. Same person said 9mm is next with ball ammo being the initial target.
I was thinking of purchasing a the low serial number Ruger 6965 American Ranch Rifle in 5.56 NATO but I'm not sure now.

The horizon is your starting point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 10:12 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Ammo Ban 8555 / 5.56 / 223

2 weeks ago Cabelas had more on the shelf than ever.
Tonight a few odd boxes left. Unreal

Our forefathers didn't bury their guns. They buried those that tried to take them.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 10:17 PM
Part of the Community

I have not seen anywhere that this was signed. It was not long ago we thought AR's were about to be banned and look at it now. I would cautiously prepare but I just don't see things going south for long. Seems like another ploy to jack prices up and then they will stay up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 10:29 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Exactly..but just the fear of losing the green tipped ss109 penetrator has any and all 223/556 disappearing.

Our forefathers didn't bury their guns. They buried those that tried to take them.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 12:52 AM

Once again the media has created a scare that has caused hording and mass price inflation on ammunition. I do believe that the Islamic dictator we call Mr President will do what he can to destroy our second amendment rights. He will not succeed. The issue at hand will be to elect a POTUS that will not continue with Obamas agendas
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 10:15 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Posting about ammo bans based on "Rumor" is one of the biggest reasons why people start hording, ammo and component prices skyrocket, and ammo becomes unavailable.

Tony
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 10:32 AM

If, and it's a big if, they actually follow the law as it was intended, the green tip ammo shouldn't be banned. It not only doesn't meet the criteria as "armor piercing", it is also primarily a rifle round, which ALL rifle rounds are exempt from the law.

It's now only a "pistol" round because the BAFTE, the organization seeking to ban the M855, designated anything under a certain barrel length as a pistol.

I'm fairly certain criminals won't be purchasing or obtaining expensive AR "pistols" to commit their crimes.

But as we know, the law or common sense doesn't matter. It doesn't fit the anti 2nd Amendment agenda. I predict they will follow through with the ban.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page