AR15 Chat - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2014, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
atr
Banned

AR15 Chat

I ordered my son a Bushmaster M4 Patrolman complete upper. He is pretty stoked about that. He will pick out a Lower.
I have the Colt LE6920 ,,I put a fixed A1 stock on it and ordered a 7" triangle mini handguard . Also ordered a three prong flash compressor, going old school.
What are you guys up to with the ARS?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2014, 11:23 PM

Re: AR15 Chat

If you are plinking with it maybe a scope and not too much more. If you are keeping as home protection get a pressure pad light and a red dot.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2014, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
atr
Banned

That's like telling a jeep owner, "Hey those tires it came with will be fine"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 12:11 AM
Frequent Contributor

I really like magpul grips and stocks. I also use all magpul mags. I also put a forward handle on all of mine where it's legal. I also use 1x red dots. I've always hated the open sights on ARs.

I really like my AR pistol in 300blackout. Its a fun plinking round.

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 12:12 AM
Frequent Contributor

I also polish all of my triggers. It definitely makes a difference.

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 08:53 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

This fall I finished putting one together for my daughter and used magpul furniture dipped in muddygirl camo. Yesterday I ordered all the parts to compete a pistol lower and a sig brace. These things sure are fun to piece together!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 10:15 AM

My xmas present to me was a used Mossy MMR hunter. This is my first AR. The reports online weren't wrong about the trigger being horrid. Need to do something about that. Other than that I don't plan on doing much to it... For now.

Now I just have to wait for my ammo to show up. Couldn't find anyone that had reasonable ammo, other than a few boxes for $7. Ordered 500 rounds when I got home. That should be a decent start.

Remember, shoot straight and shoot often.
Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 05:15 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAPJAW
My xmas present to me was a used Mossy MMR hunter. This is my first AR. The reports online weren't wrong about the trigger being horrid. Need to do something about that. Other than that I don't plan on doing much to it... For now.
You can always polish it. I have stock PSA triggers in my AR's that I build and I polish them. Theres a bunch of youtube videos on how to do it. Basically keep the flat surfaces flat. I use 1000 then 2000 grit sandpaper for just a touch to ensure a flat surface and take away machine marks. I do this on my granite slab that I use to sharpen my woodworking stuff. The granite is a great way to true a surface. Then just polish it with a dremel.

Like I said, the biggest thing is to keep flat edges flat and edges sharp.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 07:50 PM
Frequent Contributor

I have been into building AR pistols. Built a .223/5.56 lower from a box of parts from PSA and a complete upper from Hardened arms. Just built a 300 blackout pistol with a hardened arms upper and a complete lower from PSA. Haven't shot the 300 yet. The .223 is fun!!!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 12:17 PM
Frequent Contributor

I like the .300 blackout alot because I can cast bullets for it, so my reloading costs on it are super cheap. I cut and form the brass myself.

I cast the bullets and PC them. I mainly shoot the a 230gr subsonic round cast from the Lee .300 BLKOUT mold over 12.2grs of IMR-4198.

Since I capture and re-melt my bullets I don't factor the lead into a cost but powder for each round is about .03 cents and same with a small rifle primer.

So I can make a .300 blkout round for right around .06 cents. Thats cheaper and way more fun than .22lr in my book.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page