Jes re boring - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Jes re boring

Anybody have used this company before pros cons ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 02:31 PM

Re: Jes re boring

Yes. I used them to rebore/rechamber (and other little necessary stuff involved) a Marlin 30-30 to a 444. My only complaint is that when they re-installed my bbl they turned it a touch too much and the front sight sits a couple degrees off of straight up/down. Nothing that I couldn't correct for with the sights , but you can see it. I didn't really care and didn't bring it up to them because I was scoping it anyway and I removed the sights. I had removed them before I sent it out or they probably would have caught that anyway. I'm sure they would have made it right if I asked.

Rifle shoots really well. It can cloverleaf at 100 yards off the bags if I do my part.

You really under estimated the ramifications of the boondoggle you have just perpetrated!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 03:57 PM
tdd
Super Moderator

I had a model 70 rebored from 30-06 to 35 Whelen. Very happy with the work and it was done quickly and professionally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

want to get a pump carbine 06 bored to 35 whelen , cause i have given up on my search to find a 35 whelen carbine
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 06:24 PM
tdd
Super Moderator

Then Jess is your man. He will knock that out for you pretty quick. I sent him my M70 and had it back, finished, within 3 weeks of when I put it in the mail. It's probably my favorite PA rifle, hands down. I didn't use it this year because I bedded the stock late in the summer and I think I have some "clean up" to do on my bedding work. The rifle is sound, it's my bedding that needs fixed.

I took that M70, it was a 30-06 in a tupperware stock, and I put it in a McMillan and then had it made into Whelen. It's about as perfect an all-purpose PA rifle as I can imagine...for me at least.

I have no hesitation recommending JES.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page