TC Encore??? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

TC Encore???

Hey All, I'm thinkin' of picking up an Encore. First barrels would be a 50 muzzloader and a 22 hornet. Are they worth the money? Is the Pro Hunter stock worth it? Looking for some advice. THANKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 12:01 AM

Re: TC Encore???

if your looken for a good deal a friend got the regular old blue encore with a 50 cal muzzloader barrel at gander for around 480 ish i bleave its not a prohunter but then again neither is he lol
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 12:11 AM
Frequent Contributor

I really like my Encore's. But I would not buy a Pro Hunter. IMO they are overpriced and a bit of a marketing gimmick. For example why would they charge so much more for a barrel that is 2" longer and has flutes. They had to figure out a way to raise the price so the made cosmetic changes.

IMO the best way to go is to order a frame by itself. All the Encore's I have ever seen needed a trigger job. So I bought my frames from a gunsmith and had them do a trigger job. This saved me alot on freight.

Second you can choose a stock. There are a ton of options out there. And there are a ton of used stocks for sale out there also.

Then I would order the rifle barrel that I wanted. Whether it be a custom or a factory barrel. Just get the one you want.

Then I would buy a good used MZ barrel. There are a bunch of them out there. Or just order a new one. But there is nothing wrong with the plain old 209X50 barrel. You may have to use a wrench to take out the breech plug. But is that really a big deal??

You can put together a custom for about the same price as the ProHunter. Take your time and buy the rifle in components. After all that is the beauty of the system. Below are a couple of mine. Tom.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 12:08 AM

I bought my 50 cal.Encore when they 1st came out. Mine has a S.S. barrel with a black syn. stock.
I shoot 125 gr, Barnes expanders w/ 120 gr, 777 and she's a tack driver. I've shot it out to 200 yards at the range with some impressive groups. But remember not all guns are built equal. My group at the time bought 5 guns all at the same time and 4 shot well, 1 did not. The 5th gun finally ended up shooting 95 gr. bullets w/ a different powder charge, That gun took some time to figure out what it liked. In the end all the guns shot well.
I take her out during rifle season because I like her over some of my center fire rifles.

LIVE TO HUNT - HUNT TO LIVE
TAKE A CHILD HUNTING AND PRESERVE THE SPORT
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 08:19 PM
The Man

Prohunt system is suppose to absorb the shock of larger calibers... So if your planning on owning something thats going to kick a bit in the Encore system that might be A reason to get the Prohunter Encore.

However "I Never Met A Encore System That I Didn't Like!"

I like them so much that I have been considering even getting one of the turkey barrels. They are suppose to kick like a mule..So I would put it on the Prohunter system...

Also year after year of $50.00 rebates if you buy an Encore barrel ain't half bad either... Take some Cableas Earned Dollars (reward card) and maybe a few $50.00 Cabelas gift cards from your family at Christmas...Then Cabelas give you $20.00 promotion if you spend $150.00 Um how about a Prohunter barrel for about $113.00 including tax from Cabelas..
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 12:09 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I buy the Prohunter stock and forend and then I buy an Encore frame.
The swing hammer and engraving does not make me shoot better.
Dave

ONLY THE DUMBEST SHEEP ELECT THEIR BUTCHERS

3D in PA
7R in NY
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 01:16 AM
Frequent Contributor

Have an original encore 50 cal it too is a tackdriver.

!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page