.26N - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2014, 02:58 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

.26N

Just wondering if anyone else has been following the new up and coming cartridge the 26 Nosler. Anyone have any thoughts, ideas or comments on what they think it will be like?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2014, 05:48 AM
Frequent Contributor

Re: .26N

The perfect cartridge nobody was looking for

The more people that I meet, the more I love my dog
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2014, 01:19 PM
The Man

Pretty much a slightly lower recoil version of "Hey !! I can almost do what a 7mm STW can do !!"

It's kinda like the .17 WSM that came out recently......A good idea, really. Just not a new or significantly improved one.

demokraten saugen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2014, 10:56 PM
The Man

There is a new mouse trap out there every day. Its probably okey wildcatters are always eager for something else to play with. I happen to be at times and have quite a few. Most of the time there is something already out there. Its another version of drag racing bullets. Most of my wildcats I have for a personel reason and enjoy toying with them. I actually had 7 Stw 5 years before Layne Simpson from Shooting Times introduced it. We called it a 7mm x 8mm magnum.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014, 03:44 AM
Regular Visitor

If you get one and hunt the same animals at the same distance as before it will become apparent quickly that it was never needed in the first place.

You can be part of the problem, part of the solution, or part of the landscape. Its up to you.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014, 10:48 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strut10
Pretty much a slightly lower recoil version of "Hey !! I can almost do what a 7mm STW can do !!"

It's kinda like the .17 WSM that came out recently......A good idea, really. Just not a new or significantly improved one.
How isn't the 17WSM a significantly improved rimfire round? Nothing rimfire compares to it. If I was living/hunting in a rimfire only part of the state I would own one.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 12:54 AM
tdd
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowangel
If you get one and hunt the same animals at the same distance as before it will become apparent quickly that it was never needed in the first place.
"Need" is a word that most rifle cranks have long ago stricken from their vocabulary. If the vast majority of us were real honest with ourselves, we could buy almost any brand of rifle in 30-06 and do everything we do with no issues. Yet, many of us own many other rifles.

The 26 Nosler isn't anything I'm running out to buy...I have a great shooting 264WM...but it's interesting.

As far as "overlap" goes, I've got that in spades. Two 30-06's, a 300WSM, and a 300H&H. No, no overlap here....

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 02:35 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobOz
Quote:

How isn't the 17WSM a significantly improved rimfire round? Nothing rimfire compares to it. If I was living/hunting in a rimfire only part of the state I would own one.
5mm Remington mag

I think I'm an alright guy, I think I'm alright
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 03:05 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borden811
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobOz
Quote:

5mm Remington mag
EXACTLY why I worded it thataway !!!!

Put a 20 grainer in the 45 year old 5mm Rem Rim Mag and see what sorts of velocities it kicks out.

demokraten saugen
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 10:09 PM
The Man

I seen a NIB Savage B Mag at a gun show today for $300.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page