Cabela's Scope - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Cabela's Scope

Do anyone know who are making the scopes for Cabela's? Has anyone use any of the Cabela's named scope and how well have they preformed and last?

You can't bag a big one if your not out tryin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 01:23 PM
tdd
Super Moderator

Re: Cabela's Scope

Depends on which specific Cabela's scope you're talking about.

They have a few different lines under their brand name. The lower cost models, I have no clue. The "Euro" optics under the Cabela's name (bino's, spotters, and rifle scopes) are made by Meopta.

I own Meopta binos and they're superb.

I also own a Cabela's Euro riflescope, a 3-9x42. I got it just a few weeks ago, but so far, I've compared it in dim light to some well-known brands, and it easily held its own. I shot out to 200 yards with it at the range, and it doesn't leave me wanting for anything other than more user-friendly dials (they're ok, but there are better dial/turret designs out there....once it's zeroed, no big deal, but when getting a zero on the rifle, it's a little bit of a pain.)

The optics are awesome.....easily equal to (or maybe better than) a Zeiss Conquest.

Meopta makes good stuff. One needn't be shy about the integrity of a Meopta product.

If you're talking about the Alaskan Guide series, or whatever it is, I don't know who makes those optics for Cabela's.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 02:29 PM

better then a Zeiss your joking right ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 02:44 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterdan199
why would he be joking? Meopta makes excellent glass. Also, a Conquest is not even close to the top when it comes to Zeiss.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 03:18 PM
tdd
Super Moderator

Quote:
No, I'm sure not.

I own a Conquest, and I've had it side by side with the Euro/Meopta. The Meopta doesn't lose a thing to the Zeiss, and I think the image is just slightly brighter for the Meopta. I've had them side by side in my back yard from sunset to flat dark, looking at them side by side at a USAF1951 target.

I don't mean to take anything from the Conquest. It's a decent scope, for sure. I really like my Conquest, and I'm sure not running out to replace it. But Meopta needs to be given their due. They make darn good optics. I have a pair of Zeiss Conquest 8x30 binos, and a pair of Meopta Meostar B1 binos in 7x42. My Zeiss stay in the truck, and I use them a lot, as they're always there when I need them.

The Meoptas are on my harness when I hunt, no if's, and's, or but's about it. They are simply superb.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 03:20 PM
tdd
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobOz
Quote:
why would he be joking? Meopta makes excellent glass. Also, a Conquest is not even close to the top when it comes to Zeiss.
Yep. Diavari's will definitely outpace the Conquest (on price, too! )

There's some great stuff out there for scopes these days. The Cabela's Euro is an oustanding option if you can find one at the right price and the right time. I have some peeves with the turrets, but it doesn't do anything to detract from the use of the scope, just makes me grumble at the range that it could, and should, have been done differently.

The new lines of Meopta scopes have been improved in that regard. I have no clue when that improvement will trickle down into the Euro line, though.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 10:15 PM

bought a rifle from cabelas that came with a scope. its a pine ridge but not sure who makes it. seems clear and hasn't given me any problems yet.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 11:10 PM
The Man

Cabela,s will stand behind them 100%.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page