Bushnell Banner Range master - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Bushnell Banner Range master

I bought a used rifle with a Bushnell Banner Range master scope on it. The scope is a 3X9 and I would say by 50. A sticker on the top of the scope reads Range masters, with eliminates hold over under Range Master I did a couple searches and found nothing on this scope. I would guess this is a cheap scope.
Anyone know anything about these scopes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 03:42 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Bushnell Banner Range master

I have a 4-12x40. It is an ok budget scope. The one I have is probably 30 years old and made in Japland. I had it on a 7mm Remington mag. It never really seen any hard use, but it held up fine to the occasional range session and deer hunt. It was good enough for a rifle that seen limited use, not saying it wouldn't hold up to more.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 04:03 PM
Frequent Contributor

Sounds like it's one from the late 70's early 80's. Probably made in japan and not a bad scope, but optics have come along way since 1980. If ya like it... use it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

What has me puzzled is the elevation adjustment on the scope. The scope has a small window in the side of the elevation knob. In this window it reads 100 yards to 500. The scope is mounted on a savage 7MM Remington Mag, with see through mounts, Not a factory install.

I have not shot the Rifle as of yet, however I can not see how if set at 100 yards the scope would be zeroed at 100 yards with different loads and bullets.

Is there a way to calibrate the scope readings to the load /bullet.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 06:57 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

If it was me I would get rid of the see through mounts. I also took black electrical tape and placed on the turret with the window to keep from moving. These are lower end scopes and in my opinion the BDC on them is lacking. I never had a problem with the scope holding zero, but I would not trust it for running the erector up and down. Aslo, you would have to tailor your load to the yardage on the BDC.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Rob

I bought the gun on a whim. If the weather ever clears up, I loaded up some Hornady 154-grain SP bullets I need to see what kind of group it shoots, If decent I may get rid of The Bushnell and put a Nikon on it. And scrap the see through mounts.

I kind of thought the scope was not much, but felt it best to see if anyone had one and any opinions on them. The rifle if shoots decent groups will be no more than a 200 yard paper punch. And anouther wood chuck rifle.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 07:50 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I have one of the Bushnell Range Master scopes. My Remington Model Six in .308win hasn't damaged it yet. I figured out it does work best with speed at muzzle @2600fps-2700fps. You start to lose adjustment accuracy around the 300yd mark. Overall, good scope for 100yd shots on deer mounted on calibers with mild-med recoil.

My aspirations are simple.
Send the kids to college, hunt, and own more guns
USMC 2111 Armorer, Ret.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page