Has anyone... - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Has anyone...

Ever had experience switching from shooting right handed to left handed due to an eye injury??

Instagram : @The_Trailcamologist_
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 03:16 PM
Part of the Community

Re: Has anyone...

I have not but my father has.

He ended up using the same rifles and crossbow that he has but went with a product from R.W. Hart in PA.

It attaches to any weaver base and offsets the optic about 1.5 inches to the left so that the scope aligns with the left eye. I don't know what it is called. It's an offset scope mount. The new base uses any Weaver rings that you want. It is well built and certainly less than a left-handed rifle while being more convenient than learning to shoot a new way.

He has done very well with it. I've shot it with no issues whatsoever. Just make sure that when you sight in, you either want to POI 1.5" to the right or you aim 1.5" to the left to maintain longer range accuracy.

Good luck.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 04:49 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I was switched when I went into the Army you will find that you shoot better. My left eye is my dominant eye and I am right handed have had no problems with either handed rifle and a pistol is not a problem. Shoot left handed if I can do it you certainly can and I have not had any issues with any of my rifles all are right handed for the price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
The Man

thanks for the replies!!

Instagram : @The_Trailcamologist_
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 07:18 PM

I have. I shot right handed until I was 18 or so. I had bad vision in my right eye from glaucoma, but it kept getting worse to the point that one day, I just switched. It was really easy for me, and my shooting really improved.

Alrighty then!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 11:09 PM
The Man

I am naturally right handed and shot that way for the first 17 years that I hunted. I have nearsightedness and astigmatism in my right eye and my eyesight is BAD. My left eye is much better-near perfect vision so I started shooting lefty 16 years ago now.
It seems foreign at first, but the more you do it the more comfortable you will be with it. Now I can't really remember shooting righty and I shoot much, much better lefty just because I can see more clearly that way. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page