The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

12-27 Day 2

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  huntinlandscaper 
#1 ·
Eating a hearty breakfast of scrapple covered with real maple syrup with a good cup of coffee. Getting ready to go out to search for buck I shot at last evening.

Good luck all!

#4 ·
No blood, no hair, and no buck. Searched sight of shot could not find any signs of a hit. Did a grid search in area buck ran after shot, area was pretty open no deer found. Apparently, I missed him.

Back out this evening, seen 4 around 4:30 but too far out for the flintlock. On way out had young yearling jump up out of a grass field, stopped it with a "baa" and it stopped about 30 yards out. Passed up the opportunity with hopes of another opportunity at a nice buck or mature doe.

#5 ·
Went back to the same blind I was in last night. Around 4:15 had a lone doe sneak in on me to my left behind a small rise in the lay of the land. Could only see her head and top of back, she was about 50 yards. I was ready and waiting for her to clear the rise when some big winds started gusting and I knew I was in trouble as I could see the snow blowing straight at her. Sure enough, head popped up from feeding and the gig was up. Busted!

#6 ·
Killed a big doe tonight at 5. Group of 3 was heading through woods towards field to feed. Shot the biggest doe broadside at 48yds. Dropped at shot and expired before I got to her. Traditions pa pellet 80gr 2f, 275gr tc maxi hunter. After I got mine in got a call to help my uncle find one he shot. I found it after 80yds of sparse blood. Just finished skinning and quartering both,deboning his, cleaning guns and reporting harvests. Have 2 doe tags left but think I may be done hunting for season unless we get a snow cover where I can still hunt.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.