The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Lyman ?

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Fleroo 
#1 ·
I’m looking for a part number for the sling post that screws in the thimble below the barrel. I’m not finding it anywhere so I was curious if you have to buy the whole thimble, etc or what. I don’t have plans on using a sling but want the ‘replacement part in place. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

#3 ·
I've got good news for you. I have 2 Lyman Deerstalkers. BOTH had the little screw come out that holds the ramrod barrel. This is an inferior design to be sure. BUT, the good news is, I shipped both guns to Dixon's, and they fixed them for free. Not sure if it is a Lyman recall, or if Lyman just is making good on a warranty ? Anyhow, Dixon's will put a more substantial screw in those for you.

I did have to pay a few bucks for shipping, but worth it.

#8 ·
on the ones we have it has nothing to do with the screw.. the part that holds the ramrod (barrel but not the actual barrel) gets worn out from the pressure of the sling over the years. quick fix is to switch the lower barrel and the upper barrel... then order a new barrel from lyman because it is going to happen to the second one in a couple of years..

#10 ·
By the way, if you want to remove that sling "stud" (probably called something else ?) from the ramrod barrel (thimble), here's how. Spray that stud with your favorite penetrating oil. Grab your favorite gripping tools, and grip the barrel, protecting with a soft material. Find your favorite tool, that will slip through the hole of the stud, and turn the stud "lefty-loosey". Your "stud" will be removed from the barrel.

BUT... Dixon's will do all that. LOL

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.