• 3 Post By DUKMAN
  • 1 Post By TEALHNTR
  • 1 Post By Cduck
  • 3 Post By johnny v.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Angry "spots"

Recently I've been seeing more new waterfowl hunters around which I guess for the long term of the sport its a good thing HOWEVER what I've encountered is "their new spot" they lay claim too may have been or is somebody elses spot and should be taken into consideration. They also have no problem sharing "their new spot" with their best buds that just increases the competition for spots on limited acreage and the opportunity of spreading the location by word of mouth of "their new spot" to more new wannabe waterfowlers and for somebody doing something stupid to upset the landowner and shut the property down to hunting. These same guys don't want anybody else hunting "their new spot" so go figure. Any seasoned waterfowler knows exactly what I'm talking about.I'm not saying these guys are bad because I don't believe they are but anywhere in Pa regardless of what your hunting your "new spot" is somebody elses old or present spot so take that into consideration and have some respect!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 04:23 PM
Part of the Community

couldn't have said it better !
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 03:32 AM

I’ll second that sentiment.
We have so few spots here in the SW , happens a lot unfortunately.

"Enjoy the solitude of the great outdoors, where you are alone but never lonely"--William Conrad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 07:02 AM
Frequent Contributor

What you describe is true. You may have your SPOT for years and then here it comes. Think back to when you started chasing ducks. Where you any different? Most likely that's a no. I just hope the passion leads to
joining DU or Delta as I did in 1971. I certainly hope all of us waterfowlers contribute a little more than the annual duck stamp purchase. As for sharing a spot, I hope you have several and that they all can continue to house some birds.
loridr likes this.

Don't shoot brown ducks!!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 07:03 AM
New Arrival

My favorite is when they can only find "their spot" by use of the GPS on their phone...How did anyone find a duck hole in the dark before iPhones? I think as the OP suggested, access to private land will continue to decrease for a variety of reasons including disrespect from previous hunters, new development, and change in ownership. I've lost several good little duck holes in the last ten years due to new houses being built and farms being sold to people who don't want hunting or want to keep the ducks to themselves. Nothing wrong with either of these, but a reality the duck hunting community will have to deal with as fewer spots will be available for sharing.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 07:26 PM
Part of the Community

Like it or not, The Duck Dynasty TV show brought out some real “different” waterfowl hunters to the sport. Hopefully they will lose interest or learn from the rest of us over time.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 01:25 PM
Part of the Community

they say [ as in the suits in the agencies ] that there are less waterfowl hunters each year ! I would like to know exactly where this is , because I want to go there , sure doesn't look like it where I hunt.
GSP66 likes this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 02:22 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cduck View Post
they say [ as in the suits in the agencies ] that there are less waterfowl hunters each year ! I would like to know exactly where this is , because I want to go there , sure doesn't look like it where I hunt.
you and me both ....
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 02:31 PM
Part of the Community

I got so tired of setting up at 4am only to have others come in on us that I finally gave in and leased a farm with fields to hunt geese and a small pond for ducks. I may not get as much shooting as other places but we are not bothered .
stinkbait, Cduck and GSP66 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page