Middlecreek - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-27-2019, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Middlecreek

Never see much posted on middlecreek. Anything to report on it. Also would like some info on how to setup the new blinds. What do you do with the lids etc.
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-27-2019, 08:52 PM
The Man

I'm not up to date on MC goose hunting these days but as for the Concealed Comfort pit blinds they have you will find them to be first class. Just pull the lids off to the side and they lay flat on the ground while you're hunting.
Been several flocks of honkers flying over my house the last week, there might be some good numbers inside MC right now.

I've spent most of my money on Waterfowling, Women and Whiskey.
The rest of my money I just wasted.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-27-2019, 08:59 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

never goose hunted , but I always heard Middlcreek was a good place. good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

thanks for the replies. Happy New Year
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 03:55 PM
Caz
New Arrival

I liked the old blinds better at middle creek

5B 4B 4D
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-01-2020, 08:12 PM
New Arrival

I also like the old blinds better. The old top was more concealing than the current top. I was drawn, and I will be going tomorrow (Thursday). Will see what I can see.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 09:32 AM
New Arrival

I went and had a good time. My dad is 77 years old, and starting to slow down a little, so the blind was nice and comfortable. It has a bench to sit on, but I spent the whole day standing in the blind. The old blinds had a solid top that rolled on tracks to uncover you. The new blind tops are a metal frame with chicken wire and fake grass. This new top needs to be shoved out of the way when it is time to shoot. Another thing about the blinds is they have a musty smell, and we found dead mice in the blind. Not a big deal. However, I do not like to go too early in the season, because several years ago, I went the first day they were open for the season, and we had a garter snake in the blind. I HATE SNAKES! This year, there were snake skins at the blind, but the temperature was in the 20's to 30's, so no snakes.

We saw lots of snow geese, a few ducks, very few canada geese, and some swans, blue birds, turkey vultures, and blue herons. None of the geese were close enough to shoot, but a few of the ducks were almost in range.

We have been going there since the mid 1970's, and used to get geese often. The last 5 years or so, we went every year, and have not fired a shot once. But like I said, we had a good time anyway. Seeing and hearing all of those birds was exciting.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 10:42 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Did all the snows take off at once in the early morning all headed in the same direction? or were they flying around on smaller flocks throughout the morning? How about the Canadas? were they in big flocks or smaller flocks flying around?

Gun Control = Using both hands, and hitting your target
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 08:50 PM
New Arrival

Some snows took off first thing, and headed everywhere at once. We were to the north of the lake, near 897 East of Kleinfeltersville. They took an hour or 2 to leave, and went north, east, and west. We could not see to the south, so I don't know if they went that way or not. They also came back thru out the morning. Some were leaving while others were returning. It was a little like a snowstorm swirling around.

The canadas did not fly over us until 1 hour after shooting time, heading north. There were 6 in the flock. A few minutes (1/2 hour?) later, 6 returned and headed south to the lake. Later, 6 flew to the north. We wondered if there were only 6 geese on the lake, but later there were a few small flocks seen (20 birds or so).
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

was there today. Heavy fog till 10am when it lifted. then all ---- broke loose. Lots of canadas and lots of shooting had a blast cant wait till next year

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in