Any Activity - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Unread 11-25-2019, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Any Activity

Not much posting lately, anyone having any luck? I’m in the AP/South Zones and trying to decide to If I should go for goose or duck Wednesday morning. Haven’t seen much duck around, the woodies seem to be gone. There’s some geese around but they seem to be bunched up in cut fields and not moving much. Still a lot of grain in those fields so they seem to be content to just sit there and pig out for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Unread 11-25-2019, 07:23 PM

Been seeing a good number of geese. They have mostly been coming off a roost in a big group and heading to the neighboring properties that we can't hunt. This morning was good. Set up close to the property line in lay outs. Had a group of 3 come in and got them. A few minutes later had a flock of 9 or 10 decoy perfect and bagged 1 more for our limit at 7:30. We packed up and got out of there before the main flocks left the roost. Hopefully it works as well tomorrow morning. Haven't been seeing many ducks.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Unread 11-25-2019, 09:10 PM
Frequent Contributor

Dont hunt geese much anymore but I will take them if they decide to come in to the spread. But been out a couple times for ducks and not much been going on. Just alot of mergansers and a few mallards right now. Hoping they start to move in bc I have alot of time off this time of the yr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Unread Today, 11:38 AM

Not much activity around here either.
Pretty quiet. Maybe we need a good northern weather blast.

"Enjoy the solitude of the great outdoors, where you are alone but never lonely"--William Conrad
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Unread Today, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

I went out yesterday for a quick goose hunt. Early there were a few large flocks pretty far off in the distance. Later around 8:15 a couple flocks flew low over the field I was set up in. The first stalled for a moment like they thought about dropping in, then took off in the direction all the earlier geese were heading. The second group of about 20 circled twice then headed out as well in the same direction. After I picked up, I drove in the direction they were heading and about a mile away there were about 300 geese piled into and around a little farm pond. Kind of strange they got up and went directly to a pond.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in