Back at again this Saturday morning. We dug the hole and and were ready to set the pit in the ground, but... due to the over abundance of mother natures rain last night, we could not get the 10 wheeler in the field with the stone.
To answer the question about how it is going in the ground:
1. We will be installing a layer of stone
2. Geo-tex liner on top of the stone
3. Stone on top of the liner
4. Outside edges of the pit covered with sealer
5. Pit dropped in the hole and back filled.
Since there is no floor in the bottom of the pit (just the stone) there will not be an issue with the pit coming out of the ground. Some of the guys built the same thing on another section of the farm last year and I checked it out today, and it's still in the same place they put it over 18 months ago.
** it should also be noted, we are in area with a lot of sand in the ground.