Would like to get back into waterfowl hunting - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Would like to get back into waterfowl hunting

Hi!
I appreciate being able to communicate with other individuals committed to the sport of hunting. After being introduced to small game hunting in 1963, hunting has been a very valuable life passion. Currently, I primarily hunt deer, and will continue to, God willing, as long as I have my health. I'm 68 and am as passionate as ever to hunt. In the 70's, 80's, and 90's, I lived in Juniata County (beautiful place!), and I was privileged to hunt with one of my dearest friends. We hunted many ringnecks and rabbits in those days. Presently, I live in Carlisle, but on a regular basis (at least monthly), I visit my friend of 40+ years and we reminisce about many wonderfull hunts. He doesn't get around very well, and despite his high interest, he doesn't hunt as much as he once did. In addition to hunting deer, we hunted waterfowl for a number of years on and near the Juniata River. I want to hunt waterfowl again, and I'm blessed (with my friend's help) to have about 18 goose decoys (shells and floaters) and about 13 Mallard decoys. I enjoy my "blue collar" gun collection very much, and I'm fortunate it includes firearms appropriate for hunting waterfowl. Among the blessings God has given me is an olive drab kayak, besigned for fishing, and I use it for that. (I sold my jon boat and motor, as it was getting too heavy for me to handle alone.) Along with chest waders, hip boots, camo coat and clothing I'm fairly well equipped to go waterfowling with the calls I used years ago hunting ducks and geese in Juniata County. What I'm asking for is the opportunity to meet others interested in waterfowling, so I can learn more (I'll always have lots to learn), and if possible, have the opportunity to hunt with another individual, so I don't need to hunt alone. I'm less willing to do that than I used to, and it's always more fun to share a wonderful pastime with others having the same passion for it.
Being retired (another wonderful blessing) I have flexibility with my time. If anyone in the Carlisle/Mechanicsburg area is interested in getting together for a cup of coffee and some conversation with a new acquaintence, please respond to my thread.
Thanks to you and to those who established HuntingPA.com, so it is possible to communicate like this. Have a wonderful Independence Day (a huge blessing for Americans) holiday, and I look forward to hearing from anyone!
Taylor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 05:03 PM
Part of the Community

Dang it, your on the other side of the state!

There's no place like home

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page