The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Anyone else headed to North Dakota this fall?

5K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  SuperFluke 
#1 ·
Anyone else headed to North Dakota this fall?

Anybody else got a trip planned out to ND this fall? We'll be out there Oct. 15-22. We're going to be staying about an hour NW of Jamestown. As of about two weeks ago, we weren't going to make the trip this year but we stumbled on a rental house that was to good a deal to pass up.

Based on the bird and pond counts, it should be a great season out there!

#3 ·
Re: Anyone else headed to North Dakota this fall?

Fluke, we stayed in Woodworth , has to be really close to where you are staying. I think it took us about 40 minutes to get down to Jamestown. We were out almost the same time as well. It was a blast, you will not be disappointed specially with all the water out there this year.

If you want any info feel freel to PM.

#4 ·

BearArch023 said:
Fluke, we stayed in Woodworth , has to be really close to where you are staying. I think it took us about 40 minutes to get down to Jamestown. We were out almost the same time as well. It was a blast, you will not be disappointed specially with all the water out there this year.

If you want any info feel freel to PM.
PM sent!

#5 ·

Nope, headed to southern Louisiana in January!!!

Might have to put ND on the radar in a year or two though.

#6 ·

SuperFluke said:
Anybody else got a trip planned out to ND this fall? We'll be out there Oct. 15-22. We're going to be staying about an hour NW of Jamestown. As of about two weeks ago, we weren't going to make the trip this year but we stumbled on a rental house that was to good a deal to pass up.

Based on the bird and pond counts, it should be a great season out there!
Just had to rub it in didn't ya! I haven't given up on the wife yet...

#7 ·

I was out there 2 years ago the last week of October and we are trying to plan another trip this year if it all works out we will be out there again the last week of October. It truly is amazing in ND. I talked to a buddy of mine who we stay with out there the other week and he said it should be a really good year.

#13 ·

FrankDegamma said:
GOnna be north of ND in Sask, Canada first week OCT if they will let me in.
john h said:
We'll be a little farther north as well. will be in sask octber 7-21
Awesome... That's next on my list. Definitely would have to be a two week trip to get to know the area. The guy we hunted with in Missouri last year was up in Saskatchewan last fall and shot over 1100 snows in a week.

Are you guys freelancing it up there?

#17 ·

Headed to the same area The 2nd-8th. Staying at Lake Williams. I know it is 1 hr NW of Jamestown. Near Pettibone.
I go everyother year. Never a slow day.

#19 ·

Yep, Were going out again for year #8. Always a great time, plus we've got a first timer going with us, and its lookin like a banner year !! Heading to central ND, FREELANCING ALL THE WAY !!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.