The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

My daughter's five-minute deer season

3K views 31 replies 31 participants last post by  Huntered 
#1 ·
6:40AM, my 15 yr old Megan put this one in the dirt with a 125-yard shot from her 7mmWSM....I've never had a feeling shooting a deer like I did when her rifle barked and I watched that buck fall. Nothing can possibly compare to that.

Except maybe this smile...

I'm tired....but in such a good way. She was in there doing the dragging, loading, gutting, skinning, and quartering with all the curiousness and interest in how to do it all as I had at her age. I've done a lot of dumb stuff in my life, but I think I've gotten something right with this one.

See less See more
#21 ·
This is her 3rd deer. 4th hunting season. She passed two small bucks last year and wound up eating her tag. She had zero regrets. Said she didn’t want to shoot one of the smaller ones.

I leave that decision totally to her. She’s gone without a deer two of her four seasons, so she’s aware it doesn’t always come easy.

In the years she didn’t connect, she still hunted a lot and enjoyed it. I think we’re going to do a few more sits if the weather is ok on Saturday, but with just binos and a camera. She wants to go, but neither of us wants to kill another deer.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.