Purple Paint Law Replace No Trespass Sign - Page 8 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 98Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 06:17 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

The same people who respect "No Trespassing" signs will also respect the purple paint.

The same people who ignore "No Trespassing" signs will also ignore the purple paint.

Good luck, Tony
gentleben likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 12:11 PM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony300wby View Post
The same people who respect "No Trespassing" signs will also respect the purple paint.

The same people who ignore "No Trespassing" signs will also ignore the purple paint.

Good luck, Tony
Couldn't of said it any better!!!
post #73 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 12:18 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I think it's more of a permanence/maintenance issue....some will find the paint more convenient.
bearhollow likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-06-2020, 01:56 PM
Frequent Contributor

We have had cases where people posted property that wasn't their's the day before hunting season apparently so they wouldn't have any competition on opening day. The landowner had to go take the signs down after he found out. What happens now when the same type of people just ride around spray painting areas they want for themselves? Even easier than putting up a sign.

I understand landowner's right to post their property and don't disagree with it, but there is more and more posted land every year. Just one more nail in the coffin of hunting in Pa., IMO.
post #75 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-07-2020, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberdoodle View Post
slow to comprehend? I'm shocked

It took me 2.5 months to figure out what you did there, thimbledoinker. Well played.

2A-Wash. Co.
post #76 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-07-2020, 08:57 PM
Regular Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
We have had cases where people posted property that wasn't their's the day before hunting season apparently so they wouldn't have any competition on opening day. The landowner had to go take the signs down after he found out. What happens now when the same type of people just ride around spray painting areas they want for themselves? Even easier than putting up a sign.

I understand landowner's right to post their property and don't disagree with it, but there is more and more posted land every year. Just one more nail in the coffin of hunting in Pa., IMO.
The way I see it, is those kind of people are no better than poachers. The penalty for something like that should be severe enough that no one would even think of it. As far as posted land having anything to do with the future of hunting, I would have to disagree with you there, there is around 3 million acres of public land to hunt in PA that's one of the things that set us apart from the other 49.
post #77 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-07-2020, 09:18 PM
Regular Visitor

I hope this Purple Paint Law works out, I don't mind posting but I don't know If I like the idea of painting trees especially purple, maybe yellow, flo orange or even flo green but purple?
Not to get off of this subject but I'm sure every one knows that you can tell what part of PA some one is from by the words and phrases that they use. The one phrase I hear that seems to be through out the state is: " cause that's the way we always dun it." The Marine Corps beat that out of me fairly early. Anyway, I hope this Purple Paint Law works out.
post #78 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-07-2020, 09:26 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinamanra View Post
I hope this Purple Paint Law works out, I don't mind posting but I don't know If I like the idea of painting trees especially purple, maybe yellow, flo orange or even flo green but purple?
Not to get off of this subject but I'm sure every one knows that you can tell what part of PA some one is from by the words and phrases that they use. The one phrase I hear that seems to be through out the state is: " cause that's the way we always dun it." The Marine Corps beat that out of me fairly early. Anyway, I hope this Purple Paint Law works out.
I think its because purple is the least color other companies use. For instance, the forestry department use blue, red, and even orange to mark trees for cutting. At least you cant rip down purple paint like you can will yellow posters. It really doesnt matter if its paint, paper, cardboard or metal to mark trees. Trespassers will trespass no matter what. Stiffer penalties might help instead of the slap on the wrist they are given.

4B
post #79 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 09:38 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Which way is it? The bottom of the paint has to be between 3 and 5 feet or the whole paint mark has to be?I've seen it both ways in press releases and on the internet.
post #80 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-15-2020, 10:22 AM

The whole paint mark, which is at least 8 inches high x 1 inch wide, has to be higher than 3 feet (the bottom) and lower than 5 feet (the top) from the ground. Paint in between 3 feet and 5 feet from the ground.

Last edited by Buff; 02-15-2020 at 10:26 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page