What are the rules? - Page 3 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 12:13 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post
The photos are very hard to see and I can see where that one picture looks kinda like the slope of a hogs snout, however, I believe it is a bear with the head down and you are seeing the slope of the neck and shoulders with the head down.

Yep. If it where a hogs head in that pic, we would see the ears sticking up as hogs have large, prominent ears.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F4 Fri pm hogs.jpg (1.68 MB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg l3fri eve hog.jpg (924.2 KB, 10 views)
timberdoodle likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post
The photos are very hard to see and I can see where that one picture looks kinda like the slope of a hogs snout, however, I believe it is a bear with the head down and you are seeing the slope of the neck and shoulders with the head down.

That's what I was trying to convince myself of exactly!

You really under estimated the ramifications of the boondoggle you have just perpetrated!
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loridr View Post
Yep. If it where a hogs head in that pic, we would see the ears sticking up as hogs have large, prominent ears.

Great reference photos! Thanks! That really clears it up.

You really under estimated the ramifications of the boondoggle you have just perpetrated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 01:06 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberdoodle View Post
Feral Swine

...... Pennsylvania would be a better place without these swine, and the Game Commission is committed to their eradication. To learn more about these unwanted intruders, please follow these links:

Not meaning to high jack this thread, but I think the above statement applies to liberal democrat politicians ( like our governor and senator)
Steeltrap likes this.
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 03:23 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonN View Post
Great reference photos! Thanks! That really clears it up.

You're welcome. In the top pic the hog on the left, and in the bottom pic the big boar, both ended up taking dirt naps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F7 Fri pm my hog.jpg (928.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg l5fri hog.jpg (914.3 KB, 5 views)
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 01:20 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmerstutzen View Post
Been through this before. Ought to be a public enemy status like Nutria and a few others. Kill on sight anyway anywhere no license needed. . I still think the PGC threw the court battle so they would get jurisdiction.
Now that's a laugh. So you are saying that the game commission fought against the plaintiff lawsuit to compel enforcement against pigs only to secretly throw the case to get jurisdiction... You are funny.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 02:14 PM

Came down to a taxonomic classification of wild boar. IIRC, the Other side had an expert, PGC did not. There is still controversy among scientists about the issue, except in Pennsylvania where total lack of an expert caused the case to go against the PGC. You may think it is funny. When a litigant throws a case by intentional failure to obtain an expert and it affects tax payers, I take it dead serious. Cases are thrown frequently. Sometimes it is collusion to establish a favorable precedent. My very first experience as a beginning attorney was being sent to court at the last minute for a motion hearing. I was nervous to be appearing in court for the first time as a lawyer. I had only 20 minutes to prepare and I argued the legal issue and won the motion. I went back to the office and the boss called me in and told me not to feel so bad about losing. I told him I didn't, I won. He turned white as a ghost and told me the client actually wanted to lose the motion and they never thought it possible that the motion could be won, which is why I was sent out. In a strange turn of events, winning cost the client about $5,000 in damages in another similar case involving a different contractor.
Bigbrownie likes this.
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numicice View Post
Now that's a laugh. So you are saying that the game commission fought against the plaintiff lawsuit to compel enforcement against pigs only to secretly throw the case to get jurisdiction... You are funny.
That can very well be a legal strategy that experienced council will consider. Not as far fetched as you may think.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 11:40 PM
The Man

I hope none of my hogs get out of pen during hunting season.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 01:26 PM
Banned

I will tell you for a certainty that the PGC did not want to have to be responsible for feral hogs!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page