The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Day 7, October 21

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  good ole boy 
#1 ·
Beautiful morning to be out! Just took a shot at a doe and I'm pretty sure I heard her crash. I'm giving her a few minutes then I'll take a look. Good luck all.

#5 ·
Went out this morning with a friend and the plan was to hunt til 9-9:30 then do some drives. Had a couple spots in mind that usually produce when there's only 2-3 people. First drive 3 ran out. No shot. Next drive I did the walking and I never in my life had so many ticks on me!!! Sorry for not taking any pics but I picked at least a dozen ticks off my brush pants. No deer seen on the drive. Next drive was a small dried up swamp. About a min into the drive 2 come right to me. I dropped the biggest of the two. 40 yard shot. Barnes expanders are no joke! Used my CVA optima V2.

#6 · (Edited)
I'd say we were on a combo hunt. My one son had his in line the other had his x bow and i had my rifle.
My son with the in line got a doe and we quit for the day.
1 a day is plenty for us to do up the very warm weather we had !
He used a Traditions in line-70 grains of 2-ff black powder and a 240 grain Cheap shot bullet and sabot.
The shot was around 75 yards in a wooded area.

#8 ·
I was in 4A and shot a small doe. New England Firearms Sidekick, 90 grains Goex 2F, 460 grain Maxi Ball. Around 40-50 yards double lung shot with open sights. The ticks weren`t as bad in 4A as some areas. It was very dry there.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.